Tap root coming out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by logistixz, Apr 17, 2012.

1. About 2 days from sprouting in a rapid rooter, noticed this morning that the cotyledon leaves were drooping real bad (figured theyre supposed to fall off right?) but the 2 actual leaves were still really small, picked up the rapid rooter and found the tap root coming out and that it was sitting in a puddle of water so I moved the plug to a different slot so it wouldnt sit in the water but should I transfer this now to my DWC? Or wait till a few more roots show?

2. I don't use rapid rooter, or DWC, so I can't answer about that.

However, it does sound like you stressed the plant badly. the cotyledon's on almost all the plants I germed two weeks ago are still green and healthy, and the plants are just developing their third full leaf set (of 4 leaves). Maybe it's time to re-check your variables (environment, gear, etc.)?

3. Hope I didn't stress it too much, its only its second day from sprout and temps haven't gone over 85 or below 70.

4. good. Keep the humidity high. Taproot will search for an anchor. If you can place the rapid rooter in your preferred growth medium sooner tather than later I would advise it. At least for rockwool, the cornell mix for seedlings, what have you.

5. Got back to it yesterday and it was fine, no drooping and everything is perky. Worried about that long tap root coming out of the bottom though, I may have to transfer it to the hydroton soon, the rapid rooter is in a seed tray and the root is just wound up in the bottom of the slot the rooter is in.