Tanning?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by buttfuckbarbie, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Sooo I've ventured into the wonderful world of tanning. I know the rules and basics.

The thing is...

I am damn-near albino. Seriously,... no pigmentation to my skin whatsoever other than transparent (seeing veins though skin) and some red undertones. So far my tan is coming along on my arms as a reddening and not a tanning. As for everything else? It's speckled with tiny bits of white and tiny bits of not-as-white. The 2 times I went, it was 30 seconds and a minute with a week in between going.

I'm wondering if the speckled-ness is normal in "virgin skin"? And with being as melanin-challenged as I am, would proceeding in this skin-training adventure continue? Or it is pointless? My goal is to not glow in the dark anymore without fake tanning lotions and to be able to stand in the sunlight for more than 5 minutes without burning.

2. For very light people, you need a base tan. Did you speak with anyone at the salon? You really need to because you can seriously burn yourself if you don't know what you're doing.
    Anyone can tan. You'll probably need to do it slow and regular.

3. Why do people pay for tans when the sun gives it away for free? (During the summer)

4. You should go tanning till you get up to 20 minutes. Keep working your way up, it will prob take a month or more but you'll see the results. Once you hit 20 I would try to get outside and get some of the natural sun and discontinue going to the bed

5. Your just paying for skin cancer my man

6. I know how you feel, I'm a Ginger so I tend to burn very easily instead of tanning. My arms FINALLY got somewhat dark last weekend. I try not to tan/burn because of my red hair (increases risk of skin cancer) and I have a family history of skin cancer.

7. [​IMG] i've seen this work wonders on my friend, she's a ginger. What I would suggest is to slowly build up a tolerance. Moisturize your skin after and put on extra SPF when your not tanning.

8. Fuck tanning.
    Even though I have blackish brown hair, I'm pale as fuck, (proper ghostly white) and I have a lot of freckles.
    I embrace it.
    If I try to tan, I just go red and burn. I refuse to use sunbeds, coz you're really just paying for cancer so why bother?
    If you are very insecure about it, then you can try to tan naturally, but be happy in your own skin :)

9. I used to be pale as fuck but I just kept working on it, I would never go to a tanning bed as you get all the bad stuff without the good,the sun gives you better looking skin + vitamin intake
    If I were to recomend any products it's this, works for me better then anything else, it's never given me a burn
    [​IMG]