Tank size for co2??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by helpforme1, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Area of 8'x12'x7'h what size co2 tank would be good? I want to know if my math is correct since from what I have come up with it sounds like a 20lb tank would last quite a while?? Not really sure I have it right though.. Yes I know all the variables like exhaust and sealed rooms but lets just go with the hypothetical sealed area with a desire to keep the co2 ppm at around 1500 with it being despensed and intervals and not having a monitor but maybe testing kit to be sure of the levels. Meaning if math done correctly you can get close to your ppm with it coming on a few times an hour and well ok then.. Thanks...

2. im new to growing ( started a few days ago) but i did alot of research before i started and never once saw anything about a c02 tank my man. dont know who gave you that idea, if your grow area is sealed all you need is a a fan.

3. not really a "what size is good" question. more u need to ask yourself how much bullshit u want to deal with. i use 20pound tanks just cause they are light and easy to move around. i have 5 of the 50 gal tanks i used to use but honestly i love my back, hate the fact they fuck up my car and truck, and are just fucking heavy. imo go light and replace more often.

and as far as how long it last, have a room about the same and a 20 pound tank last 4-5 days.

4. Dude what?? I did some math from a site that had a calculator for cubic feet/room size/lb's per cuft of co2 and it looked like less than a lb for 5 days of gas so I don't know what is wrong with your room but it does not jive with what I have seen. Can't find it now but will continue to look.. 5 days sounds like if your room was the same size that you are not sealed or venting out but that is why I keep asking because I don't see how a 20lb tank could do it but the calculator tool for my deminisons said less than a lb in a week so something is wrong somewhere and I have not seen such a short time as yours yet in all the things I have read. I might just go with a water cooled propane producer but those add water and I am not sure yet if a chiller for the water rez would be neeeded?? Thanks.

5. #5 blindbudsmoker, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2010

pretty sure those calculaters are not taking into account what the plants eat........ just tells u what it takes to fill it.

also.. you can crank on a tank and drop a pound out of it and open the door for long enough to get in and out and i would bet 1/4 of what u let out is gone. those calculaters are good for getting the idea but at the end of the day to get thier numbers would be like filling up a ballon or something. holes, leaks, doors openeing, vents, every thing else that is associated with a grow room eats away at your co2.

6. not to say that co2 wont help, but I think you'll find that the use of the co2 is going to be more trouble than it's worth. there are a lot better ways to get co2 in your grow room, I'm using a product called excellofizz, it's a puck that you drop in 100 ml of water and it keeps the room at 1500 ppm of CO2 for around 20 hours. theres also something called co2BOOST that does the same thing. I was going to do the same thing with the co2 tanks and read so many posts about how it isnt necessary. I found that before I even bought that excellofizz, I got almost 8 oz. off 1 plant and didn't even use any co2, other than what came in naturally in my basement and I never even opened a window. co2 only helps them grow faster, but doesnt add to potency.

anyway, hope this helps! good luck!

7. co2 is indeed used in growing when you want to try for maximum yields. It is not very common as the regulators and monitors are rather expensive.

8. imo

have to disagree on the more trouble then its worth idea. i have had a couple rooms that was positive were going to bomb badly but we use co2 in every room no matter what. those few rooms actually didnt do as bad as what i expected and i kinda put it on the co2.

as far as the exellofizz cant commit never used it. the co2 bucket on the other hand doesnt do a dam thing. when those first came out i thought they were a god send, dont have to pack around heavy shit and just plug in and forget, perfect. put a couple in my rooms and started to test them, not a drop of co2 comes out of them. took the hose and plugged it directly into my co2 monitor and it didnt raise any thing, zero. tried it over a couple weeks and my meters would not register any thing out of them.

and to say it doesnt raise potency is kinda odd to me. if your plant is growing bigger, faster, and healthier then seemingly it would come out better. just my thought on it.

when the buckets came out all the shops picked up a pallet or two of them and im pretty sure thats all they ordered cause none of the shops have carried them since. thier junk.