Tank/mod setup for shatter mix

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by Egg90, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Hi.
    I've been mixing shatter with EJMix to put in a spare vape tank for a few years. It's been working alright but I have to be really careful not to fire the vape for too long or it starts burning the coil.
    The mix is much thicker than vape juice so I guess it soaks through to the coil much slower, so burns dry more quickly.
    I'm using an Aspire Nautilus X tank with 1.5 Ohm coils rated at 16-22W. I usually use the minimum 16W as much higher burns the coil quicker.
    My current batch has 2.5g of shatter per 10ml. I tried different dilutions at the start and even 1g in 10ml still produces a thick liquid and you don't get much from it.

Do many of you put shatter into a tank/mod combo? What do you use?

Maybe I need a different tank though I'd have thought if you go to sub ohm tanks it'll fry it much quicker still. Or maybe a temperature control setup?

2. hmm isn't that a little high for wattage? I usually vape between 10-14w

3. It depends on the coil, they have a wattage range from the manufacturer. Much below the minimum value and they don't really work. It's a fairly low powered coil for normal vaping. Unless you mean you run a similar coil at lower than recommended wattage?