Tangerine Dream

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gettintall, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I would like to save some fellow tokers some frustration and alot of wasted time.I picked up some Tangerine Dream seeds from Barneys and I cant even believe how disappointing the finished product is.I enjoyed there red diesel and red dragon but Imo the Tangerine is a freebie at best.Lacking in boquet and punch.Talk about deception.I am ok with something missing the mark or a little embellishment but Barneys did not deliver on this one in the least,shame on you BARNEYS.

2. I'm on my second grow with TD and have to completely agree with u on this one.. The only reason I'm growing it out again is because I pulled her early last time and I really wanted to see if a full 70-75 days would make a difference.. Not to mention the fact I had already bought the seeds lol.. So far I think I'm gonna get the same results as the first time around.. IMO T-Dream is a very good producer of some of the worst bud I have ever smoked!!!!! How it won the cannabis cup is beyond me!!!

3. I disagree with both of you. I just harvested over 3 oz, and it is literally some of the best weed I ever smoked!!! This strain of weed won the mother fucking cannabis cup in 2010, so I'm pretty sure it is legit.

Maybe you guys just aren't that great at growing this strain, or you need some tips on growing!!!!

Attached Files:

• 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      263.5 KB
      Views:
  4. their g13 haze seeds are the bomb though

5. #5 pitbull420, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011

Ok well maybe u can give me some advice?? I'm always willing to try and better myself as a grower and would be truly greatful for any advice that would help me turn my TD in to something worthy of the cannabis cup!!! Here's a lil run down of what I'm working with.. I have 6 plants flowering under one 600watt HPS quantum series ballast with a spectrum 6" air cooled hood..With one 6" valuline fan connected to exhaust the air and two 14" wall mounted fans for air circulation.. I'm also implementing a scrog net to help spread out the canopy and am using FFOF soil with GH Micro/bloom along with FF Beasty blooms and Chi Ching.. I have her growing in a 5 gallon bucket with plenty of drainage.. I usually ph my water/nutes to 6.2 to 6.5 depending on the ph of runoff of the last watering and as u can tell from the attached pics I have recently ran into some problems with nute burn.. So I flushed her out using 15 gallons of 6.2 ph'd water and clearx.. She is now 7 weeks old and has atleast 3 to 4 more to go.. I have topped her several times and as a result she has some were around 10 very nice sized tops.. With 3 to 4 weeks left to go she still has a lot of time to put on weight but as previously stated above yield was not the problem.. I'm thinking she'll Produce easily around 3.5oz's if not more.. It's the quality that I have a problem with and judging by some of the other reviews I've come across I'm not the only one but IMO I think it my just be bad breeding in this case.. Just to many Pheno's for one strain and when u add in bad germination rates.. The fact she's so touchy when it comes to nutes and the fact that it's the slowest starter I've personally ever come across T-Dream just isn't a top notch strain IMO!!!

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      429.4 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      247.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      194.7 KB
      Views:
  6. .......

If that is the slowest starter you've ever seen, you musn't have much variety of strains in your growing history(or any outdoor growing experience).

Also to much white light during your flowering

7. To Much white light??? As far as outdoor growing goes I have to say I am not very experienced seeing how I'm just finishing up my first outdoor grow this year but it's seems to be going pretty good so far lol.. I just harvested my Papaya u can check it out if you'd like and let me know what u think http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/835759-kushberry-tangerine-dream-7.html.. Come on bro it took TD 17 to 21 days just to show sex when it takes most my strains 7 or 8 and the first couple weeks is like watching paint dry lol.. Her slow start, aweful taste, smell and bag appeal (even after a month long cure) mixed with the 70 to 80 day flowering time and sensitivity to nutes makes TD IMO a shitty strain.. I'm glad u had a good experience with the strain but judging by most the reviews most people don't lol..

8. Barney's has a number of great alternative strains that I'm looking forward to trying lsd, Sweet tooth, G13 haze and Red dragon are definately on my list!!

9. well it looks like you topped every plant. I have topped plants only a few times and the ones that never got topped had the best buds on them. the main colas were by far some of the best buds I have produced. Maybe you should try not to top them if there is a next time.

10. The only difference I've ever noticed between topped and untopped plants is in the overall yield.. I personally don't think topping or supercropping has any negative effect on the end poduct..

11. I thought you were going to offer advice? Too much white light? He said he was using a 600w hps...

12. Oh yeah........ it must be the flash from the camera.

13. I honestly don't think I used the flash in those pics lol.. That's why there a lil dark but here's a couple pics I took of her with the flash on.. As you can see she's definately gonna produce a lot of bud.. Especially seeings how she has ten more tops around the same size just hope the quality is improved from my last run with her.. I'm telling you the last grow around with her I seriously couldn't give it away!!!

Attached Files:

• 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      213.9 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      179.6 KB
      Views:
  14. TD won the CC because Barneys farm gave soooo many samples and freebees they "bought" the vote. No shit. The CC is becoming a popularity contest, IMO and the opinion of MANY other attendies of the Cup.

15. I figured there had to be some sort of catch!! I've heard a lot better reviews about the SLH which I believe took second..

16. the l.s.d is a dissapointment aswell trust lol tryd growing it twice and had constant problems and they both just died!! im not an idiot i no what im doing i really dnt no y but l.s.d is a bitch to grow

17. I've actually heard mixed reviews on the lsd but I've had a couple friends that have grown it out and swear by it.. I really want to try there Sweet tooth..

18. I definitely share many of the frustrations that you have with the tangerine dream. It is a very slow starter and compared to the LSD which I grew alongside it, the TD really did look like a lackluster performer. That being said by TD is still in flower, however it does seem to be thickening up and is starting to look very sexy.

Hopefully I don't run into any of the issues of quality you had PB. I don't expect much of my yield this was my first grow and I had several watering issues as well as other limiting factors which are the grow however I'm still very excited looking at my plants.

I can say even though I had harvested early and so I did not get to sample it after a full cure, the LSD that grew out to about 5 1/2 to 6 weeks got me the highest that I've been all year. They grew faster than all the other plants I had, It feels out faster than any of the other plants I had, and was absolutely glistening with crystals by the end of that 5/2 weeks of flowering time. That being said I do flowers straight from clones so there was no veg time I'm sure that has a factor.

I've cloned it now growing to mothers from the LSD and I plan to be filling both of my grows with it as soon as I can. The LSD was hardier and grew faster than the Northern lights had and also the Nirvana ice.

Well guess I'm just going to cross my fingers on this tangerine dream and hope it finishes out nicely, if not I will have two full grows of LSD coming behind it very soon

19. I'm gonna finish this grow up throw my OG#18, Sour Kush and Kushberry's into flower and then take a lil break from growing.. I figure I'll have enough bud to last me atleast 7 to 8 months easy.. Then when I come back I think I'll try some LSD, Sweet tooth and of course gotta go with another Kushberry lol..

20. Im also bummed out with TD. I got over 5 oz and it was very very strong, but that wasn't the problem.
    It smelled like cat urine and the buds were fluffy.I tried 2 cycled and same same.
    I smoked tangerine in L.A 2 years ago and it was some of the best ever.
    So if u care bout smell and look.... STAY AWAY