Tangerine Dream - CFL/scrog - When to flip the lights question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Snicklefitzer, Jul 31, 2017.

1. I thought D.C. was recreational too. I'm out in Oregon. It's nice to have top-grade smoke in a retail store every few miles. No more Reggie for this guy. You might be out of luck unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You have done a great job training your ladies!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I appreciate the compliment. Getting uniformity using a clone was a little tricky, especially considering it is my first scrog. Again, thanks for the feedback.

4. hey man can you lend me an extension cord? Sorry man I had to say it.

5. Last thing....elbows kill air flow...are you sure you need them on those pvc pipes?

6. Hahaha! I know right! Necessity is the mother of invention. I wish I had more vertical space so I could use an LED but there's just no way I could do that and HID is just too hot for my little cab.

7. The elbows are in place as light traps. I am using a 6" vivosun inline fan and that thing is pulling some MAJOR air through there. It certainly isn't an ideal passive intake solution. Any suggestions on how to keep light out without using the elbows?

• Like Like x 1
  8. What's underneath that grow area? Can that space be utilized? Is it a drawer(s)? If so, u could open that existing floor and give yourself maybe 8 inches or? Make the scrog go from side to side on a ladder so it is adjustable. Pull air from the bottom area. Get rid of the cfls because u have more head space for LEDs and get rid of the piping so u could get 2 pots in there. I am assuming that is a hutch or armoir piece. Send me some pix.

9. Underneath the armoir is a dresser that is being used. On top of the dresser is the box I built that holds the carbon scrubber and inline fan. So I am afraid modification up/down is not feasible.
    I can get 2 of the air pots in there. I wanted to run with one plant for my first grow so that I could eliminate variables and learn without sacrificing too much.
    Do all LEDs require so much space between the plants and the lights? It would seem that lower wattage options (many bulbs, like my cfl arrangement) might work. All that I've ever seen anyone use on forums is the mars hydro, single box-style light. With my screen being 20" from the max height of lights I would have to grow a very very short plant. Grow space, not money, is my limiting factor in this case.
    Anyway, I really appreciate your time and input.
    The second pic is inside the box and the last shows the lights fully retracted for reference to how much space I have to work with.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. ok got it. it would be so nice if the bottom half was available. a much cleaner lighting system would be the 135 QB LED from HLG(money not a concern)

Horticulture Lighting Group Premium LED Grow Lights for Agriculture
    This light is state of the art and would clean up the grow space . I would make the HLG 100H 59A LED driver remote and mount it in the attic to further minimize clutter in the grow box AND take more heat to the attic. That profile would be probably(?) be less than all the CFL stuff you have now AND the best light out there with less heat. If you dont mind me saying, I would put all the intake porting as far away from the exhaust port and port it as far diagonally as possible so the air has to go through your box. Plug the ports closest to your exhaust port.This will help exchange air more thoroughly. If you need them they can always be opened later.( it looks like the exhaust is in the upper rt corner when looking at the box. ) Air will follow fluid dynamics and take the path of least resistance so the exchange will be mostly from your ports closest to the exhaust port. Since you are going to run elbows, why not? I dont mean to be a busy body. Please take this as complements to your already cool set up.

11. I've never heard of that light before. Looks pretty badass. I would still be concerned about height. Although it would be a big job, removing some of the bracing for the lights to create a few more inches of space is a good idea. The cost/reward on that is hard to determine considering I've got no point of reference yet. I solve that with this first grow and maybe then it's worth the effort of putting that plan into action.
    It definitely sounds like you know your shit tho. Thanks again for all the ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Thats a nice pot but lightbulbs cmon

13. You could use a fridge

14. Keep us posted through flower,i will love to see her flower.

15. yeah dont do anything until this grow is complete. You still have stretch to deal with for the next 2-3 weeks.

16. Tang dream I'm sure is also 24k - and as long as the genetics are sound well let's just say it's a quality breed and you will be over the moon.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

17. I have grown Barney's TD for over a year, shes not much of a stretcher imo, my first run i had far to much open screen because of lack of stretch, the sour diesel next to them went a little overboard, running 600 watt DE bulbs.....

18. I've heard that it is a difficult plant to grow without having issues. Knock on wood, but I haven't had a single problem so far. Did you experience any issues during flower that I should watch out for? I greatly appreciate any feedback on that.

19. I don't have enough vertical space to use LED and the space is too small for HID. I don't have any other choice I'm afraid. This will one day be a veg chamber and have a legit grow tent with HID or LED.

20. I plan to.

• Like Like x 1