Tampa Bay Bust

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by wizzak, Aug 7, 2008.

1. August 07, 2008

Sheriff: 1.5 tons of marijuana seized in Hillsborough

TAMPA -- The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office announced this morning its largest-ever marijuana bust, seizing more than a ton of marijuana plants, arresting 70 people and raiding 62 area homes.
    Sheriff David Gee said the seized marijuana, totaling roughly 1.5 tons, carries a street value of $13-million. Gee said more arrests will be made.
    -- Thomas Kaplan, Times staff writer<DEL></DEL>

Posted by tampabaycom at 11:15:45 AM on August 7, 2008

I hate to see this. Not only because of the fact that it is going to be drier around here. Mainly because these cops could have preventing deaths on the highway.

2. Sucks i live in the next county over

3. Man I advise Pinellas Country and Pasco. To be on the watch. Seriously!

Thanks for the full story DirtySmoke

4. No problem. It seems Pinellas' getting raided monthly with up to 6 major busts a year.

5. So do you think a huge bust is going to occur like hillsborough.

Do you live in Pinellas?

6. No but I've been researching a lot on TampaBay.com. It seems the downfall is always electricity since it cost 4-figure electricity bills to even fuel these ops. :eek:

7. So your saying its to expenisve to grow or does using alot of electricy give away a grow house?

8. this is where i live...shit

9. Yeah i live 10 mins away right over Racetrack road.

10. Another one:

'Operation Family Tree' yields 17 pot grow houses, Pinellas authorities say

An effort that the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is calling “Operation Family Tree'' has yielded 17 marijuana growing houses, 17 arrests and nearly 600 plants in various cities.
    At 6 a.m. today, 13 search warrants were issued mostly at single-family homes. Also seized were cash and equipment.
    The investigation began months ago after narcotics detectives got a tip from Crime Stoppers. It was dubbed “Operation Family Tree'' because the suspects were either relatives or longtime friends.
    Clearwater police, Tarpon Springs police, Pasco County Sheriff's Office detectives and federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents assisted in the operation.