Tall plants and short plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CodisG, Apr 6, 2015.

1. So i don't have much of a problem the girls are doin pretty good but id like to know if there is something i can do with my 2 smaller plants i have 2 that are about 19" and the other 2 are 9.5 and 12"all started at the same time.i guess im trying to find out if i can catch up the other two or if i should just let them stretch with the light being moved up with the taller plants

Attached Files:

2. I don't think  your plant shouldn't be that far away from the light. Try to lift it up plant by putting something down. The distance between your light and your plant is important, if it's too far it will slow down the growth. What are the strains btw?

3. You could top or super crop the tallest one. This would help the lower branches to get some more growth as well as allowing the shorter plants to catch up somewhat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree with canadian organic. Although if the difference is only 1-3" maybe a few bricks under the short pplants pot, or a 2x4 or something. In the 2 weeks it takes for a plant to fully recover from topping the short ones might overtake the tall ones with such a small height difference. Or you could train the tall plants with bamboo stakes and tie the branches down a bit. There are a number of options.

5. yeah im gonna get some stuff to stick under them. The 3 lanky ones are haze extreme from crop king and the other one is a bag seed from some great kush

6. yeah i was going to try that to but to tell you the truth, this is my second grow and my first one didnt go the best so im really scared to even touch them this time around haha. i do know about topping  but iv never even thought about super croping? 

7. #7 CanadianOrganic, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    It would really just do the same thing as topping, except topping leaves you with two tops; slowing down verticle growth is really all you need, though.