Talking points help - Mexican cartels and marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Saul Silver, Jun 28, 2009.

1. I've been looking everywhere, google, mpp, norml, drugwarfacts, here.

And I still cannot seem to find the exactly statistic on how much of their drug revenue is marijuana.

The number 53% keeps popping in my head, but I want to have a source to back me up.

Does anyone know what it is and can you find me a source?

:)

2. i found this for you dude. but its in Spanish, maybe you can translate it using a program or a website. but they make about 25 million dollar a year, just from the usa.

3. I need a percentage, but I appreciate your help willingness to help... +rep

4. The number I use is 60 - 70% (or about two thirds), it's the percentage estimated by the ONDCP last year.

Drug czar says U.S. use fueling Mexico violence | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

5. I have a hard time beliving the numbers, they seem to be pulled out of the ass. maybe peeps smoked brick in the 70's-80's. but no one i know has smoked anything but dank the last 10-15 years. i actually have not seen mexi schwag in so long i migh mis id it, lol. I think most of the US product comes from the US or Canada. seems only teens smoke schwg, once you hit university, you should know better, lol

6. Well they're not saying that 62% of the weed sold in the U.S. comes from the cartels, they're saying that 62% of the cartels' profits comes from marijuana sales.

Anyway, by quoting the ONDCP nobody can argue with you. That's "their" official number, they put it out there so they're stuck with it now.

What it means is that removing the cartels' marijuana incomes will strip them of almost two thirds of their profits. No business can survive that!

That will bankrupt them and end the daily murders they commit to protect their cash flows.

7. #8 Saul Silver, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
    Thankyou so much amsterdamage. You don't know how many times I get stuck on this statistic. Now I can just look through my posting history and find this thread anytime I need it.

+rep

To the tea, this is the precise reason I needed this quote.