Talk to me about adequate c02 levels

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wEEDhEAD1, Oct 29, 2019.

1. i grow in a bedroom with a window cracked open. my exhaust draws in though passive vent and exhausts out.
    its fucking freezing outside and i dont want to have the window cracked.

can someone that knows c02 explain to me please. will i be able to grow with no air coming in from out side via the open window?

2. You should shut the window imo. You are in the building and are producing CO2, which will increase the availability of the gas for the plant(s). The excess oxygen produced from the plants will easily be taken up by you. Still have ventilation to the room, but adjust it accordingly for your living space. Don't just seal your plants up and let them suffocate.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Unless you have a lot of plants they will get enough CO2 in your bedroom with the window closed just as you get plenty of oxygen while sleeping in a room with the door and windows closed. Be careful to not let your humidity get so high in that bedroom it damages your house. Almost every drop of water you give your plants will end up in the air so if you give them in total a gallon a day that's how much moisture you're adding to the room.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. a small dehumidifier would be worth buying if you growing in your bedroom ,,they are not very dear and are worth it ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 2
  5. thanks guys for helping me make sence.

i closed it for a while, then realised the water has no where to go now as my windows started to get wet. then the curtain and wall started gettign mold. shit happend quick too and there only starting out!

so wind stays cracked ever so slightly. and bam humidity in house drops.

thanks again.

6. Look at mac's post right above yours. You asked for advice and you were warned about this but didn't listen. I understand, I didn't realize how serious humidity problems could get until I fucked something up but now you know. Get a dehumidifier and save yourself some serious problems in the future. When your plants get large they are going to be pumping out huge amounts of water into your room. A decent dehumidifier doesn't cost all that much and will give you complete control over the humidity issue grow after grow. If you cause mold and it's your house it's going to be expensive and if it's not your house your landlord could sue you for damages and that's going to be expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hey man, get some plastic and cover your windows, I have to do the same to my living room window (8x5). You should place some copper fungicide around the moist areas to prevent mold. You can leave the window open, just hard on the heating bill.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey man thanks again. It wasn’t so much I didn’t listen but I didn’t look back for a reply untill
    I posted back.
    Ive been doing the same way for years tbh I just felt extra cold one morning and thought about closing it. I haven’t even really turned the lights on either.
    It’s surprising how much it being open a little works for the moisture. I’ve never had a problem with it being too moist before.

I’ve never used a dehumidifier will a little plug in one work for all that moisture in the air? If like you say all the water ends up in the air would it not have to be huge?

9. I don't know anything about the little ones. The one I have isn't sold anymore but it has about a 3 gallon reservoir which is a little more than I need and cost under $200. When I got it I was watering about 3 gallons daily and after the dehumidifier had removed the huge load of moisture that had accumulated I was dumping probably a couple of gallons a day which I used to water my plants again. My setup is pretty airtight. Recently I used it to maintain my humidity at 70% for drying. I was dumping water on the concrete floor to keep the humidity up and running the dehumidifier at the same time to keep the humidity stable.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Same..
    Works good..

• Like Like x 1
  11. In the bedroom are you using a separate tent or are you growing directly in the room? Do you own or rent the residence? Depending on the situation is what can entail the end results.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just a word of warning mate.
    I done a grow in my mates bedroom a couple years back.
    1.5m tent with the scrubber pumping into the bedroom with the window open.
    At night he was shutting the window.
    Once the plants hit full bloom he ended up with a massive chest infection.
    Went to docs but was too para to tell them about the plant.
    They couldnt figure out what it was, tried all sorts.
    Lasted about 2 months, hes an older dude and he was that fucked up from it he could barely leave his house.
    Couple days after it was dried and out his house his symptoms started dissapearing faster than a tramp eats chips.
    Im not a doctor, some folk will argue it wasnt the plants but i know that im allergic to touch certain strains, particularly the ultimate, which is what he had. Gives me a big rash on my arms when im training/pruning so my money says he was breathing it in and thats what fucked him.
    It was never proven and i obviously cant prove it but thats my words of warning.
    Make of it what you will.

Oh and adding co2 is only beneficial if youre running a closed circuit tent.
    Gotta use well over the recommended lighting levels and have the gear there to keep your VPD on point at the higher end of the scale.
    Humidifier,dehumidifier, adjustable speed exctraction and some sort of magical device that automatically controls it all.
    Too much pissing about for me lol.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ed...........are you a landlord that rents out to people??:love-m3j::poke:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Haha does sound like it eh

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. No, he is........I remember that from one of his previous posts......I was just givin him a hard time.:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I just had to google the big ones, i only think of the little plug in ones.
    a big one is like another light, i already use to much electricity!
    its good to know that i have other options though.

Tent and Rent.

The slightly cracked window seems to solve all my humidity problems..

17. Well since your renting I’d suggest not to make alterations to the building but what you can do instead of leaving the window open you can go out and grab yourself some foam board and a piece of ply wood then gap the wind and cut the ply wood to fit the gap and same for the foam board. Once that’s cut to fit that size hole you’ll drill a appropriate size hole depending on the exhaust fan size through both the ply wood and foam board one time and then a hole 2” smaller. One on the upper side to pull air and the other on the lower side to exhaust hot air. Then depending on the size of your exhaust fan you’ll run some flex duct to the fan and then to the tent and from inside the tent you’ll have the scrubber with the exhaust fan outside pulling the hot air out along with the humidity and then with the second hole you’ll have flex duct 2” smaller then the exhaust as a intake line that will allow nice cool air to be pulled in and help control the humidity. Now with the sizes being 2” smaller on the intake and the exhaust fan always pulling out and through a carbon scrubber causing negative pressure you won’t have to really worry a lot about smell getting out of the tent. Make sure to put the intake at the bottom of the tent and the exhaust at the top to help additional air circulation and never turn the exhaust fan off during flower and just turn it down with a power dimming switch. That’ll save you a ton on your bills alone but a good dehumidifier will do you some wonders specifically during the curing. Also with having this setup you’ll have dam near no heat issues if it’s cool outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yes, is it that obvious?

19. I thought about something like this when I started. Even know I’m not handy at all!
    My problem is the whole window is huge, but mainly it opens inwards!

20. Ok so the moisture is enough that I wake up to wet windows in the bedroom and porch. Turning the radiators on in the room clears it up but I know I need a better solution.
    I’ve realised what it must be. During my down time in the summer I had my entire Outside doors replaced frame and all, and one of the window inside. I think this has made my house much more airtight which is causing the raised humidity.

I went to look at a big ass 10l one the other day but it was expensive and uses 300w.
    Keeping electricity low is important any for me so an extra 300w is annoying to say the least.
    Are they loud? and is it on all day useing 300w 24hrs a day or does it just turn itself on When it’s being used or is it constantly in use? Basically how do they work!
    Noise and low power consumption are my priorities I guess

Tell em about your technique please? Plastic, copper fungicide :/