talk sex...with mom and dad

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by MileHighChick, Oct 20, 2008.

1. has anybody caught the new show on MTV, talk sex with mom and dad?
    dr. drew is the mediator, as teenage guys and girls go "balls deep" into the subject of sex with their mommies and daddies.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Drew_Pinsky <---dr. drew, of VHI Celeb Rehab and "Strictly Sex with Dr. Drew" fame.

if anyone has seen the show, what do you think? i dunno if i could have sat down with my parents and gone that in depth about my sex life and their sex life.

2. #2 eldude-arino, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
    mtv has the worst programming ever... and i'd go as far as saying they're responsible for quite a bit of what is wrong with tweens and 13-19 yr. olds (especially females)

BUT if you ever miss the original airing of a show, you could always catch it an hour later... or 4 hours later.... or 12 hours later... for days and days until the next new episode airs

ON TOPIC, i caught a few minutes of it flipping through channels one night when i noticed Dr. Drew, the fact that he's helping bridge the gap between parents and their kids as wells as helping the kids that have grown up with sex constantly thrown at them to understand that sex is not something they should be exploring if they're not ready is commendable (though hypocritical on mtv's part)

3. yes, on mtv's part it is extremely hypocritical. everything else that the company spits out encourages the opposite of what that show is trying to popularize. perhaps it's an attempt at making ammends with all of the disaproving older generations? but not really though, i asked my mom what she thought, and she said she didn't think she could have sat down with me and had that conversation. she then said, "it's not like you had much to talk about concerning sex [when you were sixteen]" my lack of immediate response caused enough of an awkward silence. i don't think i could sit through 3 therapy sessions and 3 at-home exercises like that! haha.

4. I'm very particular on what I watch and I cannot stand dumbass shows for mroe than a few minutes usually.

But one of my guilty pleasures was watching Celebrity Rehab: With Dr. Drew.

I don't know why I liked it, but I did, it's really too bad about Jeff Connway (sp?) though, he still hasn't kicked the stuff.

He says he needs it because of the surgery he has had but I'm sure that he is faking a lot for the prescription drugs.

At the end, he said he was on 120mg oxy 3 times a day, and he said it was not enough to get him high. Even though he was an addict for awhile, I don't think that would just numb the pain.

5. never seen it but mom, dad, and sex shouldnt ever be in the same sentence.

6. yeaaa, i don't know how well i would do trying to kick a severe addiction while there were cameras and dramatic people all around me. quitting smoking (cigs) while not being famous was hard enough! haha.

i don't like reality tv, but dr. drew is pretty badass, so he kinda outweighs the stupidity of the shows.

7. Dr drew is a brilliant man, but this show creeps me out. I could have never talked to my parents about sex. The closest we ever came to having "the talk" was when i started having girls over for the night my junior year of high school, and then one day before school my dad knocked on the door and handed me this huge box of condoms and said "just take it"

there was an awkward silence and i said "this is way too many"

awkward silence.....

"alright, this is weird and im gonna close the door now"

I closed the door, and that was the last i ever heard of it. The thought about discussing my sex life with my parents makes me cringe to this day, and i can't help but cringe when i see these prostitots and metrosexuals unearth every single detail. It's just too strange for my liking.

8. i watched about 2 minutes of that show on mtv and hated it.

9. hahah i never had anything even close to "the talk." i was kinda left to figure shit out on my own. thank god for the internet, right!? haha. i was researchin' all kinds of explicit stuff longggg before my parents thought it was time to sit me down and tell me about the facts of life. too bad they checked out my history (including deleted cookies) and found out just what i had been looking up. i guess they got the point that i probably knew more than them by that time. hehe.

10. mtv fucking sucks