Taking this Doctor to small claims court...Good/bad idea?

Discussion in 'General' started by qwerty man, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Haha, well it's not really up to me, but I did go to this same doc before, that's why I was interested.

In NJ they check for drug abuse/unprescribed meds in urine because either would disqualify you from receiving pain meds

2. #22 retreat, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    Bad Idea! But is your call!

Is it worth the price you would possibly receive in small claims court and have a totally visable record for all future potential employers to see?

Weigh your options!

Read what you sign, before you sign it. Be specific of exactly what you are signing a release for. I often write exactly what I am releasing and follow-up with a call to Dr. office, to make sure I know what I am releasing!

Once you get a physical, follow-up with a visit to doc for the results. In the future, you will know the answer, before you ask or release the info!

No legal eagle here. Just some common sense.

Sure, you feel violated! But, you did get a good check up for liver/kidney function! What did you do to get the results of your function test?

We all feel violated at times. Surely, you do, as if you had been raped! But, no need to prolong the pain, move on!:(

3. Hmmm.... well he was not there to get pain meds right?

We all know that the drug tests are used to harass cannabis users.

If the doc provided more information than was required by the employer then perhaps he has something.

I don't think the doc can disclose the guys entire medical history when employers only asked for a physical.

He better take a close look at that physical form. I'd find out what relationship this doc has with employer.

What if doc decides to tell employer about erectile dysfunction? This is none of the employers business.

4. He authorized it. He just didn't know it.

5. I think you have the advantage because you are clearly correct. Unless you signed something that mentions drug testing then you're good.

Anyone can get a drug screening at a physical if you ask them to do it and pay 30 bucks.