taking st. johns wort

Discussion in 'General' started by potparadise, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Today i started taking st.johns wort tea for mild depression/ anxiety because i heard of it's benefits in calming nerves. the box said it was supposed to take a month to feel any substantial effects, but today honestly felt like one of the most stressless days ever for a work day. I felt so calm and relaxed at work and got through everything with the most relaxed mood.

So what i was wondering is if anyone on GC has any experience using this herb? Likes,dislikes, overall experiences? thank you.

2. I've had friends take it. I think the general agreement was that it lifts the mood a little, perhaps. most ppl i know are skeptics and think it may just be placebo, but I mean if placebo works then I guess its just as good...

3. ahh. well it's nice and relaxing because mine is a tea mixed with lavender and various other calming herbs. i did notice that combining it with mj definitely enhances the chill aspects of mj

4. Tried it. Didn't work. Tried Zoloft. Didn't work. Tried a councilor. Didn't work. Tried another councilor. Didn't work.

5. Have you tried meditation hiebs? Greatly helps curb my anxiety and worries.:smoke:

6. I've actually just started experimenting with it. I've also been seeing a hypnotherapist lol... going to extremes!

7. Good luck, dude. It's not easy but if you really keep at it you'll see results:D if you ever want to chat or whatever feel free to send me a message. peace:smoke:

8. I've tried St. John's Wort a couple of times to help break me out of a funk. Look, I don't know if it was a placebo effect or not, but it did help me out. It wasn't overnight or super-dramatic, but both times I've started taking it I got into a better place mentally after a couple of weeks. I don't know how much credit to give it, though.

9. I dont know if its a placebo effect or not but when I cum I feel extremely better. I say just cum some more! lol...but to each their own, Ive tried St. Johns Wart before and it worked pretty good. If you like that you might also like 5-HTP

10. word. it has been making me quite comfortable. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it can be used and when should you stop taking it?

11. It can be used for as long as you feel you need it. Something else to check out that is OTC and might work better for you is SAM-e (s-adenosylmethionine)

New Human Study Confirms Potent Antidepressant Effects of SAMe

12. You should also try lemon balm :) its a magnificent plant that tastes and smells just like lemon. its great for depression and anxiety and much more :)