Taking someone back.

Discussion in 'General' started by Whaz, Mar 15, 2013.

1. I would like to ask you guys on your opinion. Well my girlfriend recently "cheated" on me. Long story short she sent pics to another guy. Well I'm still talking to her. She has been apologizing ever since, and she truly does seem sorry. She says she loves me and wants to marry me and I believe her. I think of it as she made one mistake, and people make mistakes. She can't be labeled a cheater her whole life and she should be worthy of dating again. Now my question is, is it wrong/a bad choice to take her back. I truly love her and we both want each other back. She truly loves me and I'm taking her word on it. So what do you guys think??

2. Will you ever be able to fully trust her again?

3. It will never be the same.

4. Yes I will, honestly I trust her right now. She told me everything that happened, I really do trust her.

5. Man you must have terrible self esteem.

Your gf sent naked pictures to this dude and obviously wanted to fuck him. How much did she love you and want to marry you then? Don't fall for her bullshit dude, but you will because you're weak.

Good luck

6. If you do take her back (I don't think you should) make it clear that it's her last chance. No 3rd chances, no communication whatsoever if she cheats again. Keep an eye on her too, you already know she can't be completely trusted.

7. Thanks for making me feel good.... :/

8. I wasn't trying to I'm trying to wake you up to reality

9. He kind of had a good point...

10. My wife started doing the same thing while we were together, then while I was deployed she cheated on me. NOW I tried to make it work and it was horrible I didn't trust her and ultimately she did it again, so once a cheater always a cheater. NO MORE CHANCES you will get hurt again.

EDIT: and she did tell me everything and said she was very sorry :/ all lies

11. I was being sarcastic....I appreciate what your trying to say though.

12. jus tell her she owes u one.
    a relationship is an investment and takes time to build
    dont let a bad day or a little slip break it apart

13. You're right though, I coulda and shoulda said it nicer. I don't think I woulda got the point across as strongly though. I say it because I have been you and its not good. I don't want you to make the same mistake I did

14. From personal experience, I'm gonna have to agree with HB.

Was dating a girl for over 2 years, she started talking to and hanging out with this shady guy all. the. time. I told her it made me uncomfortable how much time they were spending together, etc, so she said okay and that was the end of it. Long story short; she never stopped talking to him. Went to a party (New Year's..) and on the countdown she ended up making out with him.

Go with your gut. It sucks having to move on, but it's honestly for the best. I'm a firm believer of "once a cheater, always a cheater."

15. #15 Durb, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    Dude she didn't make a fucking mistake, she sent pictures of herself to another guy. She knew exactly what the fuck she was doing. Fuck her and move on, if you take her back she'll walk all over you and do it again.

16. Thanks dude, I mean...I guess right okay. I have a weak spot for her though.

17. You can't turn a ho into a housewife

Okay, that was a little blunt, but I don't think I'd ever be able to trust her again. She'd probably still be doing it had you not caught her

18. Dude if you only knew haha. Trust me man its better to leave now.

I was with a girl, we were together for a year and a half and then she moved 6 hours away and went to college. We tried to make it work but she ended up breaking up with me and banging a dude the next day. She was with him for awhile until she realized he treated her like shit.

I had moved on but then she came back for the summer. She said over and over how sorry she was. How much she missed me and how she was dumb for leaving such a great guy blah blah blah. Stupidly at the end of the summer I took her back.

Things were good for another 3 years until she graduated college and decided she didn't want to move back home, she wanted to move across the country knowing full well there was no way I could. So I wasted 3 more years when I was already over the relationship.

That was the end of this summer. It's basically taken me until now to finally not be depressed and move on. I'm still so hung up on her its not funny but I've been good for the last monthish.

I just dot want you to fall for her shit when you could take the time to get over it and meet someone who will actually respect you and not just say they do

19. This.

20. But what if she truly is sorry and she truly loves me? I think I would regret not taking her back and missing my chance with the girl I love. If I date her again and she hurts me again its my fault for trying, but then at least I'll know she wasn't right for me. I don't want to regret not having her.