Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taking pictures of bud..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JayQ, Feb 7, 2010.

1. My digital camera. Nikon D-80. Is having the worst time focusing when zoomed in that close to the bud.. How do you get a clean close up picture of your bud?

2. You need a macro lens to be able to get good up close macro shots of bud. Most standard lenses for a camera have a minimum focal length that is far too long to be able to focus when you're up close to your subject.

What lens do you currently have on your D80?

3. Not sure it came with a stock lens and i have a Nikon DX AF-S NIKKOR 55-200mm 1:4-5.6G ED with VR

And

a Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-135 mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED

That's what it say on the lens lmao

4. Yeah you have the kit lens that the camera came with which is the 18-135. Like I said before you need a macro lens, or a lens with a macro setting, to be able to get those professional looking bud shots that you see in High Times and shit. Neither of your lenses will be able to focus really up close.

Do you really know how to use your camera to it's full potential? I'm assuming you're very new to photography since you don't know much about your camera or lenses or anything.

Are you interested in actually learning about photography or are you just trying to get some good pics of your bud?

5. No i actually am learning about photography in a class i am taking. I just learned about the aperture and shutter speed and lighting and ISO and all that stuff. I know how to use it i just havn't gotten too in depth in the class yet.

6. yeah to get a properly good shot you'll need a macro lens, but try out the macro on your camera, it usually does the job alright.

7. Use manual focus as well.

8. open your apperture up all the way if u wanna get good close ups with shallow depth of field. i use a d80 too, if u wanna take great weed shots go get a 50mm f/1.8 lens. it will become your new fav lens, trust me. they only cost around $125. if u dont wanna do that, just turn the wheel on top of the camera to the lil flower setting, should help a bit.