Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taking my first break in a year and a half.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nickkycubba, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Hey blades,

Been around on these forums for a little while now, and this is one of the first time I'm going to have to take a break. Recently I have been looking for a new job and as we all know lots of companies love to drug test now-a-days. I'm a medical patient in my state so I haven't had much of a reason to stop until now. It has been a nice year and a half with the herb, wish me luck!

To everyone else that gets to continue with the herb, take a toke for me! :smoking:

2. After a few days, you'll be okay my friend. Go to a drug store and buy some melatonin. It's a natural sleep aid that will knock you out like that indica does. You'll need it the first week or so!

3. Yeah I already have bad issues with sleeping, which was one of the first reasons that I was using the herb. Since I'm cleaning out for a DT I'm taking Niacin everyday which has some decent sedative effects. Unfortunately melatonin hasn't been the most effective thing in the past, but I am sure as hell no going back to any prescriptions!

Thanks for the advice!

4. Any other advice to help make this go as smooth as possible? I know all you blades have to have some words of wisdom from your experiences!

5. Whenever you feel like smoking do 10 pushups. Work out 3-4x times a week. Thats how I did it

6. Workout... Do something that takes your mind off the cravings. Get out of the house. Drink warm milk before going to bed and only go to bed when you are tired (or feel like you can sleep). Lying in bed for hours sucks and its discouraging.

7. I'll toke for you each and every day.

8. Good luck! I know it's not fun, but a good job is worth it! If there's anything you've made a habit of doing before sleeping (other than smoking, of course), try doing that. You can hopefully "trick" your body into getting sleepy simply from keeping with the routine. I did that with that my DS and Pokemon (don't laugh, it's mind-numbing enough) and it seemed to help.

9. Thanks everyone for all the advice so far. Getting out of my daily routines and habits is the hardest part so far, so I'll try working out more to get the herb off my mind. Hopefully since I stopped I can continue on with my vivid dreams and maybe become lucid if any blades here know about that kind of stuff. Seems, like I've read before online, that the herb can interfere with REM sleep and dreaming. I'll see how this plays out in the future.

Smoke on everyone, enjoy it while you can! :smoke: