Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Taking it to the head" if you didnt know...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ronald U. Swanson, Aug 2, 2012.

1. To some of you this may seem mundane and obvious but there are a lot of tokers that don't know the bong rip, "taking shots to the head" method of smoking.

For those who don't know, it's when you take a big enough hit to immediately, within a few seconds, feel a head rush of thc. I consider ot afailed effort if i wnd up coughing though... It feels like you snorted a line of something, it's a feeling you can't get any other way. I had smoked for about a year before trying my first bong and I just ripped it and it was like an instant take off, like something id never felt before. Just about anyone with a bong knows this effect well but many people have little to no bong experience. And with proper smoking techniques you can easily achieve a bong rip like head rush through any smoking medium.

Id be careful though as I'd assume this could cause extreme paranoia and/or confusion and/or uncontrollable nausea in less experienced smokers.

I know a guy that only smokes that way and hacks his lungs up on 2 out of 3 hits. He says it's the only way he can smoke. This guy literally blows a half ounce a day (Reggie lol) and mostly through blunts! He deals pretty well though so I guess he's got his shit together lol...

2. what in gods name did I just read. :hippie:

3. Lol how do you guys not get it? I love bongs. Sometimes those hits can sneak up on you lol

4. I love bongs too but that doesn't mean I have any idea what the fuck OP is talking about

5. Just get a little high and take the biggest rip possible with out coughing. If you can handle enough smoke, youre head will just start soaring and you feel a rush.

6. Take it to the head bitch

7. Clearing out that chamber at the end of the hit to just watch all of it enter your lungs and a ghost exiting your body... Its just a feeling that cannot be described. Taking it to the head bitch :bongin:

8. Sounds like every single bong I've ever smoked, why is this like a special thing lol?

9. taking bong hits as big as you can is an art. along with that immediate rush of THC, there is also oxygen deprivation going on, adding to that somewhat instant rush. I've been smoking with people that have passed out because they took too much too quickly or just took too big of a bong hit.

10. I feel it was a little overdone but I liked the part where he compared it to taking shots, I've never really thought about it like that before...I just kinda rip it, inhale, exhale haha

11. "hit it once like a bong, hit it twice and then I'm gone"
    depends on the bong though :)

12. No its not like you snorted something, talking from experience. You cant get the feeling any other way, besides packing a bigger cone!

13. Bong rips Sits me on my ass and than i get this weird sensation like I'm some kind of moonman. I don't what happen but my friends took my bong away

14. "Taking it to the head" ...

"Taking it to the dome" is to smoke a bowl/J/etc solely by yourself.

15. How else do you smoke a bong? Who the fuck shares cones lol

16. as some one else said, "taking it to the head", "to the dome" or "facing" a blunt/joint/bowl whatever means smoking whatever your smoking til its gone by yourself. at least where im from thats what it means. because we all smoke every hit like you described..lol

17. I've smoked with a bong in rotation with a packed bowl many times.

18. welcome to the bonglife, nothing like a massive bong rip to the dome to start the day. i like taking consecutive hits filling the chamber each time