Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

taking edibles out of the freezer and putting back in later: will the temp change affect them?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by tblazer100, Jul 30, 2017.

1. So I've had some cookies in the freezer for a few days now. I'm holding a batch for me and another friend and plan to take all of them out tomorrow so we can each decide which bag we want (3 cookies in each bag) My question is, let's say they are out of the freezer for a day or so, and then I put them back in the next day, will the extreme temperature shift back and forth do anything to the potency???

I would really appreciate the responses as I am still really knew to this. From my research from different 'sources' a lot of people are in agreement that freezing is good for longer term storage. I'm just not sure if anything happens if they're transported back and forth between the freezer and other temps.

2. Cookies taken out of the freezer will be colder than the surrounding air, and will cause slight condensation of water vapor in the air onto the cookies. That might lead to slightly faster spoilage, after a very long time. Can't think of any other ill effects. The potency should be completely unaffected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thanks for the response. should I just take out of the freezer what I'm absolutely sure I will have on the same day? and would I want to bring an icepack with me? it doesn't have to be the best taste and texture. just wanna get high as hell without a stomach ache

4. Not really, I do it all the time.

5. someone in a Facebook group said the freeze thaw freeze thaw pattern would interfere with them because of ice crystals? I'm thinking just taking out what I'm sure I'll use is a better idea but not sure. I'm giving another friend his whole batch of 3 tomorrow and I'm not sure what he should do with them to keep them fresh. I don't think it's safe for him to put them back in the freezer due to his mom

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. It's cool, I really don't think the whole ice thing is exactly true but I've never had a problem in the past. As for keeping them fresh, just put them in a baggie or some plastic container.

7. I gotcha, so you're saying you've had stuff in the freezer for awhile, would take them out for a day or so, put them back in and they're still ok? is it bad to do this on multiple occasions?

8. Frost accumulation and the accompanying moisture really won't make that much difference in the cookie.
    Leave them out an hour or so for the slight dampness to evaporate but not long enough to dry them out.
    No change in potency no matter how many times it's frozen and thawed.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. They just dry out quicker taking them in and out. Other than that it's not a problem. The more you handle them the more chance of them physically falling apart. The ice crystals form from the moisture in the container or bag long term. That's about all. :)

And, again, BnW beat me by a nose. What he said...^ ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. appreciate the feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  11. they've crumbled up a bit, I'm assuming that won't affect them either?

12. It affects the integrity of the cookies if they're crumbling but the crumbs are still infused. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crumbled Cannabis Cookie in a bowl with some cold milk . MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a fine dish fit for a King.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The less you handle any cannabis products the better. Thawing and refreezing won't hurt, but over time your cookies will be in worse shape from all the wear and tear. Take out what you need when you need them. They defrost quickly. Enjoy

15. Make sure to eat it all