taking cuttings

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ravenspyz7, Mar 29, 2011.

1. hey all im currently about to finish up week 4 of my grow. I am growing in soil and am thinking about taking some cuttings before putting my plants into flower. My question is, when i take a cutting from a plant am i minimizing my yield by doing this? So if i were to take a clone from all my plants isnt that a spot bud could be growing? How many clones can you take off of one plant at a time? Any input on this matter = REPS.

P.S. i will be letting my plants veg another week after i take the cuttings

2. hi pal I'm by no means an expert in this field at all but I would only cut off your lower branches on your plants for clones, the reason behind this is that if they are below your canopy they are not going to recieve as much light and therefore not produce as much bud! It would be far more beneficial to you to take that cutting and grow it out into a new plant to flower, therefore increasing your yeild in the long run off the same plant. If you left your lower branching to continue throughtout flowering it would just produce a popcorn bud which you dont really want, but do what you think is right, it is afterall for your own enjoyment is it not?

3. you can trim branches on a plant upto 21 days into flower and use those for clones. if the plant is flowering or close to i wouldnt take more than a branch or two per plant at a time. then wait a few days and take couple more cuttings to reduce shock,

4. I also have a mate who revegged his clones!! He took them whilst in flowering (so took the cutting off the lower plant with bud and all) then put under a 24 hour light cycle. The effect of the revegging was unbeleivable, there was alot more branching than you would expect, the first leavesto come out look a bit odd, almost mutated but that is the plant forcing itself into revegg. I have never done this with a clone but I have with a full grown plant and I can recommend it to anyone, its saves all the vegging a root growth, quicker growth = quicker yeild!!