Taking cuttings

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by SkunkyBrains, Dec 1, 2012.

1. I'm 13 days into flowering, am I still ok to take some cuttings? I took 24 cuttings a week before I switched to 12/12, but want to clone the plant I didnt take any from now, since I already have a shitload from my other plants. How late can I take cuttings without fucking up my girls?

2. you will be ok, just take some bottom branches.

3. Thanks dude, taking them from the bottom branches is what I was thinking too. Ive cloned before, just never during flowering. This is the first time Ive been serious about taking cuttings, so Im trying different things.

4. I have took cuttings 5 to 6 weeks in flower!! I take them from the bottom with min or no budd on and they have all took in rock wool clonex and a weak mix of rhizotonic!

5. I have also took them with buds and they still grow without damage after all it is weed and weeds r the best surviving plants

6. So, Ive been without internet for a week, and havent pulled clones yet. Today is day 25 of flowering, and I still safe to pull clones. I have a plant that looks way to good to not make an attempt at pulling a clone. I know the clone will make it, but Im worried about making my plant hermie.

7. 25 days is pretty deep in the flowering cycle to take cuts. it might take a while for them to re-veg, but you should be ok.

8. I still havent taken any cuttings, so Im just gonna leave it as it is. I still have another fem seed of the plant I wanted to clone, so Ill just grow that one. I do however have 21 white widow and blue widow clones that are about to be put into a SOG under 2 600w hps/mh lights, so screw pulling cuttings off the other plant!

9. You can take a clone right before you chop the plant down from the bottom it can take a month to grow but will branch out to be a fat bush it's called monster cropping some people do it on purpose for the massive branching.

You can also reveg the plant by cutting it back to a few small bud sites and leaves also cut back the roots to match the top growth.

If the plant is that good I wouldn't count on one seed to grow or be as good as the one you have.