taking clones...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tobymac420, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I bought a Root Riot Tray Kit with a Dome. It came with about 50 Root Riot Cubes and some rooting gel.

We just cut a clipping from the Mom, dip it in the gel, and stick it in the Cube. Then spray the cubes with water and mist the dome (not the clones). You will want to keep your new clippings on the smaller/shorter side. I noticed that if I cut the clones so they are tall, they have a harder time picking their head up after the DROOP. The shorter clones seem to bounce back faster, and I am only talking about 2".

Anyway, simply mist the inside of the dome a couple times a day and moisten the cubes twice a day, and in 8 days, you will start to see roots.

So far, I have had 100% success with this, and never cloned before a couple of months ago.

I also keep the lighting Incredibly low while at this stage. If you provide too much light, they will start to try and create vegetation, and that is not what you want them to focus on. I only use a 23w cfl in 5000k range.

I recently took 15 Clones (5 each from 3 plants) and in 8 days the first of the clones popped a root, and the rest continued to follow. It took 2 weeks for all of them to root, and they were all transplanted into their mini Hempy Cups yesterday. I expected to lose a few, but as long as you dont let them dry out, they will thrive.

2. So can I take clones off any plant or will they stop growing once I cut a clone. Guess what I am asking do I have to have a mother or can just keep taking a cut off each clone.

3. The more times you clone clones the more likely you are to have genetic mutations I keep my seed mother plants alive or keep one of the first clones as a mother plant...here are the pics I promised

Attached Files:

4. This is good practice,but if you are forced to use your h.I.d bulbs keep um bout 2 foot away I use the same light that my mother plants are under and have great success and theirunder a 400w mh and if you keep your dome real humid it'll block a lot of light for ya,but when you get cloning down it makes everything go way faster and smoother ...you will be glad you started :yay:

5. And ya bud you can take your clones and the plant will keep goin strong, every once an awhile ill throw a plant in flower after I take my clones and still get a good haul off it,I just keep the BEST clone as a mother plant. I won't use a weak one id rather flower the ones that aren't as appealing. Stronger mother = stronger clones=better results