Taking clones from small plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kysmoker, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Hey all, I was just doing some daydreaming/brainstorming for a grow room ill be setting up within the next few months. I have no real experience in growing cannabis, though I have quite a bit in growing shrooms :devious:, and I really wana get into this hobby. So, keep my noobness in mind and be kind to me :)

Now, me and my friend have a nice 10x10 room in a basement, its actually a backroom in a basement, in a house he owns. Pretty ideal for what were going for. It also has a vent (about 1 foot by 2, the same shape as a cement block) that connects to the outside, I assume thatll be pretty helpful for exhaust. On top of that, the house is in a rural area, and theres no real close neighborers. Really couldnt ask for much more heh.

Now, ive been doing a whole lot of reading for a fair amount of time, so I know how important intake/exhaust is and have a general feel for what im doing, though not enough to replace real experience by any means.

We really dont wana set up two rooms, we plan on getting 10 seeds and growing them in a soil less mixture (verm/perlite), and then taking clones from whatever healthy females that pop up. We would like around 100 clones, but I dont know if thats realistic number to get from a few plants. Were purchasing a aquamist 1 system and are gona have a 600 watt hps over it. Well have alot of extra room, but if we ever decide to expand in the future itll be useful.

My real question is, assuming you put a healthy clone in veg conditions for around 20 days or so, would you be able to take a clone from it? If so, that would be useful, because we could simply take clones from the plants that we have in the aquamist, which would eliminate the need for mother plants (and two rooms).

Anyway, some advice my way would be much appreciate guys, thanks for the info in advance;)

2. Meant to say I need 30 clones, my bad lol. May take a few more as a precaution though. One thing im really worried about is if my clones will survive 8 weeks (till the current harvest finishes).

3. I have heard of people preferring not to take from mothers, I also heard it was more difficult.

You can build a little veg box for them for next to nothing, because of space I currently veg in about a 2x1x.5' box that doubles for cloning.