Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taking bigger hits

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by I Am High, Aug 9, 2009.

1. So I've been smoking for a solid 2 years...

Atfirst i was like any young smoker...I would cough alot and take ok sized rips...Then i started to get better at takin hits and was takin some hunormous rips

but now.. it seems like whenever i try to rip it hard..i just loose my breath mid hit.
    my coughing tolerance is good though

ADVICE plz thanks!:confused::confused::confused:

2. Word, I get the same thing, I usually just exhale a bunch then inhale in tiny breathes. Dunno if it'll work the same for you or if there's a better method.

3. Excersise helps. Start going for a run at nights get healthier :)

4. Just because you don't cough doesn't mean your lungs aren't irritated. Maybe they need a little break after two straight years of smoking ;)

5. You have been smoking for two years... obviously your lungs aren't going to be as good as they were before they were coated with two years of resin. One of my buddies who has been smoking for years just takes lots of small rips to save himself from having cough attacks.

6. :eek:

I never thought of it like that.

7. Hell, coughing makes me higher!

8. Your lung capacity has decreased with prolonged smoking and lack of cardio exercise.

Go run more - your body will thank you for it.

9. I'm with you, man. Running will increase bloodflow to your lungs, which keeps them healthy. White blood cells clean up the debris put in the lungs by smoking. You'll feel better and be able to take bigger hits:smoking:

10. Running isnt a bad idea at all.

11. In my life management class I took in high school I learned bad lungs from smoking pot can be almost completely restored back to their natural state with enough exercise. The class was filled with maddd drug propaganda though so I'm not sure how accurate the info was.

12. Okay, here's what i do, it may not work for you, but it does me. When you're taking your bong rip, or what have you, inhale it as fast as you can then inhale just regular air. Breathe fucking deep though, for some reason it calms my lungs.

Does anybody understand what I'm trying to say?

Anyway, make sure the last part you breathe is just air. You just need some lung capacity.

I've been smoking for 5 years and I still hit like a champ.

13. yea i've heared hashbean " pro bong hitter!" talk about how its not ur lungs that stop u usualy its a part in ur throat that gets irritated more and more the longer its exposed to smoke, also the smoke is less stail; when u do that.

14. Its times like these I remember the wisdom of my father he once said "Remeber now you dont get off til you cough"

15. yeah i do run from time to time

and by time to time i mean like once every month

but ill try to do it more often my lungs could use the exercise :D

thankx 4 all the advice peeps!:hello:

16. Haha,I've heard alot of people say that,is it even true?

17. I inhale as light as I can so I can slowly draw the smoke in. It doesn't wear me out and I can get the bong filled with thick white smoke and then I pull the carb and there it is. I'll be high as shit:smoking:

18. you could light the bowl, inhale, move your mouth away and take another breath, blow out and hit it.

19. I second/do this. +rep GirlyS :smoking: GL OP