taking baths

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by xACExbongzilla, Jun 18, 2009.

1. havnt had one in years until yesterday when i decided to try it again and its fuckin awesome, i dont know why everyone showers.

2. i've gotten used to showering, its just my deal.

3. I do it sometimes... Lebowski style.. with joint and drank.. pretty relaxing if you ask me

4. How old are you again? j/k

But seriously its just a time issue, most people take showers because they are quick.

On top of that sitting in water that is filled with the dirt and body soils your trying to get off seems counterproductive to most people. Whether it is actually less effective as an instrument of hygiene I've never seen actual evidence of one way or the other.

That aside a bath is actually quite relaxing.

5. i shower because it takes 1/8th the time as a normal shower. baths are too much of an ordeal to bother with.

however i will agree they are relaxing as all hell...

6. id probably take a bath if my tub was bigger, but its pretty short, cant max out and relax too well.

7. I shower and then take a bath if I'm going to have one at all, something about stewing in my own filth doens't appeal to me albeit they are quite relaxing.

8. I dont bath because i do not like to sit, in a pool of my own filth. If i bath, i shower, then bath. So the water isnt full of dirt and shit.

9. shit yeah, bro. Best bath I ever had was with a gin and tonic, a gravity bong (with the bath being the water source) and my music. And a note pad. The shit that comes to you when you're that chilled, man..

And I really don't get people talking about how you're just bathing in your own filth. It's not like you're covered in dirt when you have a bath; and the heat of the water probably kills some bacteria, and you put soap in the bath... and maybe a bathbomb or two.. it aint that bad!!!

10. When you spend as much time outside as I do, you certainly do get covered in dirt. Dead skin sells slough off, hair, and dirt, I would much rather just shower first, be clean, and then take a nice relaxing bath.

And I had a horse, I most certainly was covered in dirt, sweat and who knows what else. Would you want to be bathing in that or washing it off and then sitting in a tub of stagnant water. Just because their is soap in the water doesn't mean you're getting clean unless you do the cleaning yourself!

I just like to be clean :)

11. You had a horse? Haha, buzzy as, man... Yeah I get what you saying. I guess I didn't tend to get that dirty; well i've always played sports, diving in the mud in the middle of winter and shit, but yeah... man, I've gotta say some of my best baths have been right after a game of soccer, covered in dirt and aching all over... It's just so relaxing you don't give a fuck about hygeine :D

12. because i dont like laying in a pool of water that i'm bathing in...lol

13. I did have a horse.
    I'm not afraid to get dirty but that being said, I really like to be clean as well. LOL

14. I'm a pretty tall person.. so its not that comfortable to take a bath. =\

15. its not a pool of our own shit because no one is that dirty. plus i put soap in the water before hand and im constantly dispensing soap that comes off the bar when im cleaning. so the germs die and its more soap water.

also its not about time for me, i realized i didnt take showers to be clean, it was just relaxing, and so i think baths are better lol. also im 6' 2" so its not a problem if ur tall

16. I love taking baths, but I tend to fall asleep in them.

So, I try not to take as many baths anymore. ;)

(But when you take a bath you gotta shower afterward, you were just sitting in dirty water. My rule.)

17. I love a nice, hot bubble bath with some Victoria's Secret bodywash, a loofah sponge, music, candles, and a big fat joint...my tub has jets that hit ya right in the back by your kidneys, a couple on the side and 2 by the feet....feels so good to put your feet to em and get a massage...only downside is I have really long hair and I must use conditioner, or I'll never get a comb through it, and it's kinda impossible to do all that in the bath, so after I 'bake and bathe', I shower to clean my hair.

18. It's also a waste of water if you ask me.

19. baths are good and all... but if you dont like sitting in dead skin cells, dirt, grease, hair and other body oils. then hop in a hot tub. the chlorine kills all bacteria, plus the water is filtered, and the consistent hot water feels much better, and dont get me started on jets, GOD! hot tubs the way to go if you want a bath. of course you can shower afterwards to clean your hair and wash off any chemicals that your afraid of having on you.

20. i don't like the idea of sitting in a mixture of all the crap that's gotten on me during the day; the water isn't hot enough to kill anything.