Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taking back the reigns

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EuDxKing, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Not so figuratively speaking, but you'll be able to understand...
    So i started smoking around 15, then quit at 16 and started again at 18.
    Since then i have became a daily smoker, who seems to need bud rather than want it. I'm not sure exactly when it became such a necessity, but it is rather expensive and really lessens the enjoyment. Its also slowly starting to hinder my contrast with other aspects of my life, such as school, and parents. So pretty much, i'm asking for some advice on what to do?
    I know for a fact that i want to stop smoking 1/2 oz of headies every 2 weeks and not be sparking bowls every 30 minutes. I want to go back to a casual smoker, really enjoying the high. Where i get high to get high, not to feel normal.
    Any insight is welcomed :D

2. I've definitely been in your situation bro. All I can really offer in the way of advice is that, the only way you can change your habit is to really want to. It's all about will power. Accept it or not, it sounds like you're psychologically addicted to bud. Yep, been there. And it aint good - nobody started smoking bud thinking that they'd end up being baked 24/7. It grinds through a fuckload of money, and your priorities start slipping, just like any other addiction. It's all about the willpower man; tell yourself you're gonna smoke, I dunno, once a day. Then lessen that to 3 or 4 times a week. Then just 1 or 2 times a week. And stick with it. It does feel better. Blazing shouldn't be a 24/7 thing, ya know? It's there to be enjoyed, but you can't enjoy it if you're always baked. Takes away the whole point.

Course, these are just my opinions, I'm sure people disagree. But that's how I feel. Good luck to you bro.

3. #3 Got Milk, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
    Stop Smoking.

This shit isn't heroin. It aint crack. You can stop when you want and your body isn't going to shut down.

Pack up all your shit, your weed, your papers, lighters, bongs w.e and go stash them somewhere or give to a mate to look after for two weeks..

When the 2 weeks tolerance break is over, then you've earned the right to smoke.

I will tell you first hand, the first week is the hardest. You will be bored as fuck. You will be verrrrrrryyyy tempted to "Ah fuck it, il just have 1 cone/joint/sesh.." Dont give in.

You need to occupy yourself with things, thats what weed is, a time filler. Now that you stop smoking, suddenly you have an abundance of unused time. Fill it with reading, video games, exercise (i ride pushys and surf and go for bush walks), chicks, movies WATEVA!

Id steer clear of coming on this site for the first week aleast. Ud be surprised with the effect that a few people talking about something can have on your subconscious..

If you can stop smoking for two weeks, not only does it prove to yourself that you have control over your habits, but also that you dont NEED weed to get through daily life.

Sure its fucking funner being smashed :p but if you cant live that lifestyle for whatever reason (other commitments, cash etc) then you shouldn't try to. Living outside your means... Not a good thing.

After the completion of this 2 week break, smoke it up man, get fucking ripped! But slowly begin to ration your weed. Dont buy the half O every 2 weeks, buy a quarter and and make it last. if it doesn't last, dont buy anymore until those 2 weeks are up!

Alternatively smoke how much you want but every second fortnight dont smoke. 2 weeks smoking, 2 weeks dry. You wont build a big tolerance and you'll save cash... But personally i found this method harder then rationing.

Anywhos, Good luck man. It will be hard but achievable. You'll be better for it. You'll be richer because of it. And you'll get higher from doing it.

4. #4 ch1llin_ch1llin, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
    ploikj

5. yea definitely try doing that where you decrease the amount per week you smoke. i remember some of the best high's were when i was a weekend warrior.

6. How are you going friend? Started a T-Break yet?