Taking a Long Break

Discussion in 'General' started by TLF1088, Mar 25, 2010.

1. I actually already lost track of how long it's been since I smoked. About 5 or 6 days maybe?

So far, things have been a lot better. Things just weren't going good, I didn't enjoy smoking anymore.

I started smoking 4 years ago next month (I'm sure you can guess what day in April I first tried it).

I smoked occasionally, maybe once or twice a week, for the first 2 years. And there was actually a period I during those two years I didn't smoke for like 4 months.

Then about two years ago I started smoking regularly. It was just about everyday, for the last two years. About 6 months ago, I stopped enjoying it. I no longer had fun when I was high. It didn't make me feel good like it use to. I started getting really depressed when I was high, and didn't want to go anywhere or do anything when high. I started smoking just at night, when I had nothing to do. But the depression started carrying over, and I even when I wasn't high I was depressed, and hated to leave the house.

So I figured enough was enough. I'm going to quite, and give myself a long break. I'm planning six months. After six months I'm going to try smoking again, and see if I can do it on occasion again, and if it's enjoyable then I'll smoke once in a while.

Now, I'm still 100% pro-legalization, and will keep fighting for and promoting it like I've been doing.
    It effects everybody differently, that's obvious. Maybe this just wasn't a good time in my life to be smoking. We'll see what happens.

It's not even been a week, and I'm already starting to feel a little better. I'm hoping that's a sign that I'll feel like my old self again in maybe a month or so.

2. I once took a 14 month T break, talk about a sad sad day :(

Anyway I got through it, after the first week its okay. I mostly just got cravings for it during the time that I would normally be smoking. Other than that its pretty fun smokin up after a long break, its taking the break that sucks.

It sounds like the T break will do you some good. When you come back for MJ, just take her easy and she'll understand :smoke:

3. Yeah man tbreaks are necessary for me.