Taking a few days off..

Discussion in 'General' started by Scholesy18, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Hey guys, just made an account on the forum and it seems like people here are pretty cool.

Anyways, here's my story. Started smoking a couple of years ago, it was something like once or twice a month, only with friends who smoked as well.

I'm from a country that is really, really strict about marijuana, basically the punishment for dealing marijuana or whatever is the same as cocaine and whatnot. So the weed isn't exactly fresh, I had some friends from Europe refer to the local weed here as "skunk", but after some research I realised that skunk was just another kind of weed and the terminologies have all just become messed up. Basically the weed we get here is like all mashed up and compressed into blocks, which we then grind and smoke like normal.

I went to the UK for university studies for a year, and the buds there and in Amsterdam and stuff blew my mind. Factor in the fact that my girlfriend wasn't in town, I didn't have a car in the UK and the fact that there wasn't much to do in the UK other than drink, I indulged in my weed habit way, way more than I previously did. I think it's worth mentioning that prior to the UK time, my intake had already increased over the age of 19-23, (probably about once or twice a week), til everyday in the UK. Got back to my own country in June, and been smoking almost everyday since. Recently, ran out of stuff and decided to take a few days off. I dunno, been seeing others online relating and I was hoping to chat with some stones who can relate to my current situation.

Ive just felt like sometimes I couldn't enjoy my alone time as much without the weed, which practically makes me psychologically dependent upon it. I'm someone that needs to spend x amount of hours per day alone, collecting my thoughts and whatnot, and weed just enhanced that many times over.

All in all, decided to not scrabble around looking for a hookup and just stay clean til I get some eventually. Probably til this Sunday, had the bare leftovers in half a blunt mixed with tobacco yesterday night, just to clean myself out a little. Ps: as much as I've painted myself in the worst light possible, I'm a decently responsible chap and I'm currently studying for my bar exam to be a lawyer.

2. I've found that if you think that you need to take a break from pot, you probably should. The plant tells you when to lay off of it for a while. And, as you're finding, it's a good antidote to boredom.

Maybe you are dependent on it, if that is the case, is it damaging you in some way? Are your relationships, work, or school suffering because of your use? If not, just enjoy it.

I've gone years without wanting to use weed, but I still can't quit coffee, so I think caffeine is more addictive! Since I don't drink alcohol, THC is my only relief from normal consciousness. I probably go through 1 - 2 ounces a year.

3. I
    Yeah bro I know. My cravings for weed don't go anywhere near my nicotine addiction. In fact, am planning to quit that pretty soon, but only once I've got some weed to distract me from the withdrawal symptoms. Another story for another time.

To answer your question, nah it doesn't exactly hamper my life in terms of work or school, but it has become more and more appealing to stay home and smoke a few bowls than it is to go out and do otherwise tedious tasks. I think it's time for a break. Lol