Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taking a break from weed what is it like?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by boogiewitahoodie, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I've been smoking for about 6-7 years now I started when I was 11 I know I was young n dumb still am. I am currently 18 years of age now and I feel smoking has become a lifestyle to me the amount of money I spent on kush makes me mad thinking about it. anyways I've been feeling like I ain't my self lately. I smoke all day and every day does anyone know how to get rid of the itch of smoking? also, I do have depression and I can't eat right without smoking a bowl. like I wanna take a month or 2 to get my head straight. any advice?

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you want something badly enough, you will get it.

Advice: Want it badly enough.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Honestly quitting for a while is all mind over matter, or at least that's how I see it. For a long time I used to smoke so much that I didn't feel right unless I was stoned. Then a situation in life kind of forced me to quit. I could still be smoking if I wanted to, but the risks out weigh the rewards. The way I quit was by gradually cutting down my intake over a period of time. I used to sell bud so when I stopped I just conservatively smoked thru what I had left and then stopped buying it. My friends would smoke me up if they wanted someone to burn with, but I was in the process of quitting so that wasn't a regular occurrence. Eventually I reverted back to the point of feeling normal when not stoned and smoking felt like my first time all over again. Because I was determined to quit I did not let that feeling get me back into buying it and smoking regularly again. Like I previously mentioned it's basically mind over matter and like Grizzly Tracks said, if you want it badly enough you'll make it happen. Hope this helps you

• Like Like x 2
  4. thanks man

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you really want to stop completely, you should keep yourself out of situations where you know people will be smoking. No matter how much you want to stop, it takes an incredible amount of willpower not to smoke if someone is smoking in front of you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Distract yourself when I'm outta weed I play my guitar until my wrist hurts or I do a bike race against the tram.
    Drinking helps too but I guess it is counterproductive if you just wanna quit weed

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Just do it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sex, exercise, hobbies and extra hours at work always worked for me when I have tried to stop in the past. 1st two weeks is the hardest. I never stop anymore though just switch to high cbd strains for a few weeks instead of smoking high thc strains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. When trying to quit, you gotta keep yourself busy doing other things. Do other things you enjoy. I like to go for a run when I need a little break from weed. Now I have a gym membership so I use that. Just doing other things helps. If I sat around with a bong bowl packed or a j rolled, I'd be way too tempted to smoke. So I get out of the house and away from weed during those times, especially when the urges are strong lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. money isn't a issue i can afford it just fine its just everytime i quit i always end up smoking again its like a never ending book.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Work is stressful i would always smoke after work or even before but lately been trying not too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeah I definitely understand the stresses of work and just life in general. Maybe a way you can incentivize your break for yourself is take note of the extra money you save if you stop buying weed for a little while. The key is to find a way to make the break seem worth it lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. True, Thank you I appreciate it!

14. My lack of money is the only reason there are days I don't smoke lol.
    Try slowly reducing it like 3 joints today 2 tomorrow and so on.
    And stay away from other stoners or it'll never work

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rip all my friends are stoners but not the stoners you think they are all my friends are very successful even the ones who smoke. one of my best smoking buddy's is taking a break and that's why I want too as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ive taken breaks for years at a time without thinking about it, try quitting booze lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. I quit smoking over a year ago but after smoking daily for 5 consecutive years, it was not as bad as expected. I quit cold turkey with a goal in mind and I stayed busy to keep my mind off of things. Exercise and a job helped do that.

& Stop justifying (making excuses) your smoking because you're making it harder to let it go. You didn't smoke before you were 11 and you got by just fine. There are other ways to deal with things.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's really not that hard after the first few days, the way I've done it before is just by running out of money lol, just blow your money you spend on weed real fast or just be broke and your jar will be bone dry and you'll have no other choice but to accept your fate.

19. it's only bad for a few days. I'm doing fine and haven't smoked since the middle of Dec. I am finally peeing clean and can start diversion.
    I took valarian and passion flower the first few days which is calming and helps me sleep

20. I'll be honest pal it can be difficult if you've gone that long, I take at least 2 days off a week now which is easy now I'm in the swing of it, but it was certainly hard initially.

It's definitely doable though and the first 2 - 3 days are the hardest I'd say. One of the big things is getting to sleep, I'd recommend a sleeping supplement and Brian Eno's ambient works to help with this. Another thing that is difficult is eating, but you're just gonna have to power through it, just get food you really really like I guess. The other thing is boredom, I'd recommend going deep in to a video game or tv series or something to distract you.

Anyways best of luck brother!