Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taking a break from the bud...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ktotheevin, Jan 26, 2015.

1. So here's the thing..

I started smoking at a fairly young age, probably around 14. I liked it a lot but would never over-do it. Honestly i was quite responsible.

My parents were able to successfully teach me the value of a dollar so i was able to save all of my pennies for a nice down payment on a home at the age of 19 (which ive been told is quite impressive} 

Once on my own i had 2 of my childhood friends move in with me so we could experience the real world for a few years, but with them came a daily smoking habit.

Everyday we smoke, if i smoke they smoke, if they smoke i smoke. Its nonstop. We smoke extracts like oil and shatter and hash, and smoke bud on a constant basis. 

We all have jobs but have nothing to do to fill the time between after work and sleep so we smoke and play video games, its starting to seem routine and i feel like im wasting life. 

Ive thought about taking a break but then i can just see myself doing the exact same thing but sober instead of high. On top of that, my roommates are not down to take a break so i would have to do it by myself while my roommates continued to blaze 

What can i expect if i take a break or quit all together? 

Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Is Taking a break beneficial? 

2. If you're not having fun, change something so you have fun. That's my life motto.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I had a similar experience about a year ago. I felt like I needed to take a break from smoking because I wouldn't become as high as I wanted to, and I wasn't enjoying weed as much as before. My friends smoked all the time, and one was even a dealer. But as time kept progressing I realized I needed to separate my self from them. I just completely blocked them out of my life, and haven't seen them since. But I tried taking a brake from smoking and it was difficult. It was hard to eat, sleep, and just function normally. I realized moderation is key for my lifestyle. Although I do smoke a little more now then when I was trying to keep it in moderation. I try to take a couple day break every few weeks or so, and that seems to help keep my tolerance down and allows me to feel the rush I felt when I first started smoking cannabis.

4. It'll be a lot harder if you have roommates that are constantly seshing and wanting to sesh with you. You won't be able to get away from it. 

I commend you for wanting to stop to get your priorities straight but you will need to involve your roommates in the process so they are on the same page (i.e. they will agree to stop smoking in plain view of you, etc.). 

5. I think a tolerance break would help you. I have for bronchitis recently and I'm using it as an opportunity to take a forced tolerance break because just like you I have been smoking 1-4 times a day and one eventually must realize that too much of a good thing can be bad. I suggest you use some time away from weed to reintroduce yourself to yourself. I exercise and study even more during t breaks and even though I usually do such things high I have to force myself to be sober to make sure I don't lose touch with the sober reality. Also I'm tired of having to smoke 2-4 bowls to get the same high I used to get with one. I think my t break will last about two weeks in total and even though this first week has been hard once you get used to it you see you can enjoy yourself sober and I know that my first bowl after this t break will be totally worth it!

6. If you feel like you're not going to change anything when you stop smoking, then smoking probably isn't your problem.

7. I recommend working out and also joining a sports team. Itll get you in shape and fill that life void too.

8. Can I move in with you?

[​IMG]