Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taking a break from cannabis...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MsDbird, Jan 12, 2010.

1. im on a week and a half t-break, its goin good so far... although i wanna smoke whenever i do things. i used to do that for almost a year, and stopping is a whole diff experience imo haha

2. well honestly you are mentally addicted, weed was a bigger part of your life than you thought, and now that it's gone you're not sure what to do. Am I right?

3. #23 L'Oeuvre, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010
    Haha, this is rather ironic. Seriously, I think you should consider dropping the nicotine before you catch some sort of cancer. The pot is nothing in comparison.

I smoke daily, sometimes with a little remorse, but I realize that while high I do the same things I do when I'm sober, i.e. going to work, reading, writing and just being myself, and so I might as well.

I think getting a vaporizer is a fundamental step in avoiding the burn out.

4. On my first T break, the first two days were the hardest, everything seems boring, there's nothing to do. Just find something to do that will occupy you for a long time

5. I'm attempting a T-break..again.
    Been smoking daily about 4 or 5 times for about six months.
    I made it 3 days rather well, things just get extremely boring.
    Had a few pulls out of the pipe with my boy today though,
    what im wondering is,
    in order for a tbreak to be most effective for you guys,
    do you stop COMPLETELY,
    or do you allow a bit of smoking every few days ?
    I'm not concerned about smoking and then having to smoke more,
    i can control myself,
    i just enjoy the high and wonder if smoking SOMETIMES will make my tbreak pointless?

6. Thanks for the advice people :), managed a 4 day break, was going to go on for longer but I met up with an old friend last night and had a smoke with him. After this weekend though I'm gunna get my ass in gear and go for at the very least a week. Guess I just wanna prove to myself that I can.

Yeah you're completely right, come to terms now that I let weed become to big a part in my life. I love being high, but I don't want it too take over my life. So if I can manage a week without giving in, in my eyes that's a good first step towards, dare I say it, freedom? Although that doesn't mean I'm giving up completely, nooo way. :D

7. ya man this describes EXACLTY how i am right now!
    its day 4 and Im bored out of my shit!I checked all the forums i read about 100 each.fixed my box,check the internet,play some playstation,have a cig,and thats 2 hours only!!

the other thing that sucks about t-breaks is that ALL my fucking friends are stoners.
    we have nothing to talk about except that. tonight is saturday,i called 5 different buddies to chill,i said that i dont wanna smoke tonight and i wanna go out.ALL OF THEM turned me down and said,they are chilling with the other boys just to smoke for the night!

and now that im sober and seeing and realize that i need some other people not weed smokers just to have something to do when i dont wanna smoke it pisses me off!

do you people have that problem??

8. I can lower my tolerance by just cutting back. I actually accompany it with a couple days of no smoking.

I ran out and couldn't get a hold of any for 3 days when I finally got some, I'd smoke one and two bowls per lil session and I'd get hiiiiiggghhhh, I kept it at that instead of the usual ridiculous amount of dank bowls back to back that I used to do and it's worked so far; it's not taking me nearly as much as it used to to achieve the high I want.

9. Hey, i was in the same situation not too long ago, and I know how hard it is sometimes to take a t-break for more than a few hours haha. but the first couple days are by far the hardest. if you keep it up for about a week it gets much much easier. after the first two days i decided that it would be helpful to smoke the rest of my stash (only about an eighter left). after i did that i had no choice but to take the t break, so it made it much easier. just don't give up and you will be so much happier with the result. Good luck!