Taking a break, and have a questions.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MedicalUser101, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Hello, I am a junior at uni and need to stop smoking due to working. I have no problem with weed, and am a daily smoker. I just smoke so much. Are these symptoms normal when quitting?

- Sweaty hands and feet (smells like marijuana faintly)
    - Getting cold then hot
    - Difficulty eating for a few days
    - Mood swings
    - digestion problems
    - flu like symptoms

I smoke a lot due to type 1 diabetes and it helps me maintain a low A1C. It has only been for medical reasons. When I do stop I experience those symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. - Sweaty hands and feet (smells like marijuana faintly) - Wasn't for me?
    - Getting cold then hot - Little bit. Part of that is just noticing it more as well.
    - Difficulty eating for a few days - Definitely. Though it's more just "lack of inclination to eat"
    - Mood swings - I don't think so. This is probably just you misdirecting your frustrations.
    - digestion problems - Well, there's less food innit? Weed also effects the metabolism.
    - flu like symptoms - No. Not for me, or from anything I've heard of. You're a uni student...you guys are always getting sick.

3. Give it a total of 3 weeks, ought to be the maximum end to kind of re-normalise.

4. I’m goin on day 8 after using daily for like 4 years few things I’ve noticed was; mood swings snapping at ppl around me or being frustrated easily, sleep sucks not falling asleep till like 2am, eating more than usual I’ve gained 4 pounds and I’m craving junk food and carbs, feel dumb I’m going blank and losing train of thought when doin normal task, little motivation been lazy I’m usually a busy body.

5. LOL it's funny how people say it makes you eat too much and hits your motivation.

I found the sleep thing most annoying...just makes you feel like you're kind of floating through it...

I personally go the opposite on the food thing, I just tend to eat nothing.

6. I took 2 Benadryl last night and finally got 5 hrs of sleep but, the pain I’m feeling sucks haven’t had pain from the back of my knees to my neck since the day I started using cannabis.

7. Ah yeah, that's another thing isn't it? The amazing analgesic qualities that kind of build up in your system...it's almost like a car and oil...unfortunately with stops, unless you've got some CBD only shit (unless you're trying to stay away from cannabinoids in all shapes and forms) then yeah...that's one of those problems that you can't really get around unless you're giving yourself painkillers etc.

What's your cause? Just a break?

8. I’m taking on a new job in 3 months driving truck for a year while my wife finishes her degree at a university. I don’t want to stop using because of the health/mental benefits but I have to for her. She has dreams and has found her calling so I need to support her and this job will make it to where she won’t have to work while she goes to school.
    To be honest I’m scared in the past I’ve been addicted to pills even buying/selling them but, I figure I’ll get massages and do yoga. I dunno I’ve had health problems in the past 3 dif surgeries I figure if I do this for her she will always be able to support herself if anything were to happen to me down the road.

9. Well I guess this place is a good place to live vicariously.
    Good luck with it, man - and let us know how things turn out with the break etc, maybe you can get us some valuable information on what to expect, and any ways you come across that help you through it.

10. I’ll prob give this site up eventually not sure how u guys gunna get by without me but I’m sure you all will figure some way to get by without em till he returns in 2021 makin ridiculous post like the purple bastard with my new super low tolerance.

11. Nah. Don't go.
    It's ok, even if you feel bad about staying.
    This way, it was my choice, not yours.

12. Sucks your going to work for someone who rather you die or take chemicals than smoke pot for pain free living.

What's the saying where the captive starts looking at the captor positively?

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app