taking a break and anxiety...

Discussion in 'General' started by sevnofspades, Nov 28, 2007.

1. SO back in early sept, I puffed on this heavy sativa and sent myself into a panic attack. I haven't had one in years (a panic attack that is). So I decided that maybe it was time to take a break for awhile. I was puffing daily for 4 or so years, just at night and on the weekends. Anyhow, 2 months later and I am having fucking bad anxiety and constantly atticipating panic attacks. Anyone else get like this on a break, and if so, how long did the withdrawal symptoms last.

thanks guys

2. You might simply have an anxiety disorder. I don't get particularly bad anxiety whilst smoking, but I have bad social anxiety I take medication for. A lot of people here are opposed to medication in general, but I don't see why they would be opposed to benzodiazepines such as Xanax and Valium. I take these medications because I absolutely need them.

If you are still having bad anxiety (panic attacks are clear symptoms of an anxiety problem) it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor so he can forward you to a psychiatrist to get proper medication. In the case of anxiety disorders, there is no shame to be had in taking medication. Panic attacks are very scary things to have happen and anxiety definitely will take a toll on your normal daily life.

3. ya i get that too. I already have an apt to go see a psych too for it. I tried a regular doctor and it was a waste of time(even though a year ago a regular doctor gave me the generic zanax.