takeing cuttings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by josephspare21, Aug 30, 2010.

1. #1 josephspare21, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2010
    Im trying to find out the sex of my 3 plants before i have to grow any longer.

i already know how to take clones off plants and then taking those clones and putting them under 12/12 to show sex early but i was wondering can I take that clone clipping and put it in a cup of water like a cut rose? i already know it will live for atleast a week but would it flower and show sex under my 150 watt hps and put it to 12/12?

i dont wanna buy rockwool or anything else and all so i hope this is able to work

2. i doubt it'd live long enough to flower in a cup of water... normally takes a 2-3 weeks into flower before it starts to show

and by doubt... it won't work... don't waste the clipping

3. my plants before show sex in 4 days to a week every time diff strains

4. you mean while they have roots... they have to reestablish a root system before they start flowering... which uses alot of energy.... it's like a plant priority system...

5. wat about soaking it in the glass of water till u see roots then planting it in alil foxfarm light warror soil cuz really i dont wana get root gel and all that rather do it the cheap ass way

6. i mean you can get all mad scientist with it... and most likely waste a bunch of cuttings... or you can get some root gel and rockwool for like $15-20 i dunno i have a cloner i've never done it all mcguyver style :p

so really i dunno for sure... just sounds like it'll die before it preflowers... needs humidity and a root system or it'll just droop over... when it droops i don't see it growing anything... feel free to prove me wrong tho :)

shit, somebody around here'll have some ghetto cloning method for sure... sorry it wasn't me

7. i will try it with one of the plants and if it dose work i will post a tutoral on how to

8. i sex my plants..make sure their female...take cuttings....and revegg them...just plug em in coco and water ..roots in a week:wave: