Take the bud or the whole stalk??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Canadianguy48, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi....I'm almost into 6 weeks into flowering,I have one branch that comes from the bottom and is almost high as the 2 tops I have.If I wanted to take that small top,can I just clip that bud off or take the whole branch down at the nod itself?There isnt much in the middle to take something...

I know it's still early but I'm just testing it.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. I would just cut the whole branch.

3. dont chop yet

4. Do I pinch the buds or chop that one branch?I'm thinking what Joker said...

5. If the branch in question is long enough to get its distal end up near the light, let it keep working for you! If you MUST have a sample (if this is your first time out, I understand, but it would be better for your final weight and potency to wait) then pinch a little fluffy piece toward the bottom of the plant.

The end of the world won't come no matter what you do, and there are plenty more seeds to go around. Don't lose any sleep over the decision! :D

6. if you're trynna test out your crop before you harvest, just find one of the smaller buds and either pinch them or cut them off so the other bigger buds can mature the next 2-3 weeks or so. don't cut the whole branch if there's other buds on it, but if there's nothing other than a small popcorn nug on the whole brach and you're tempted to test your bud, personally I'd cut the branch but honestly you should leave it just in case for whatever reason some new growth appears. no matter what we tell you you're gonna do what you want lol

7. There wasn't much popcorn on that branch so I chopped her!So I'm just going to hang it for the next day or so.I know Ive shocked it and just going to leave it alone.I have my mini microscope and the trichs were mostly cloudy only a few clear.

I had to see what it tasted like,I was stoked it has come this far.This was totaly for trial and error and with only 1 lucky bagseed...my magic beans lol.I would like to try Auto femms's next just for short flowering period.

thanks for the quick response.