Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Take longer to get high with vape?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Haiku, May 4, 2010.

1. It seems to me when I smoke with a vaporizer it takes so much longer to get high than with a bowl or bong. Is it this way for all vaporizers?

2. It takes a bit longer, but not that much longer. After doing a bag on my Arizer Extreme Q I can always feel the full effects within 15-20 mins, whereas with a bong it's usually 5-10 mins.

3. Vaporizers do seem to take a bit longer, although i can't say this bothers me as i know that i will soon be very very high.

4. Lol, this is exactly the way I feel :D!

5. That just how a vape is. Whats cool though is its not like your trying to get high while your sorta high. Its like it creeps on at once. Feeling super blowed at times. :)

6. For me the time frame is essentially the same, whether vaping or smoking.

7. I'm high right after I hit it, I don't understand this onset after 20 minutes shit, if you are absorbing it through your lungs you should start to feel it nearly immediately, you are going to have to take more hits with the vape (if it's whip) because you just aren't able to get as much as you are in a bong, and I usually don't really notice it too much if I'm just sitting there toking, but when I start doing something else I definitely can tell I'm lit.

8. My friend who is a chemistry major tried to explain it to me when I was high once. I think he said it has to do with the carcinogens that irritate the system, makes you feel the effects faster but is also unhealthy over decades of constant use.

The vape on the other hand, is strictly a gaseous form of THC, takes longer to be absorbed I believe, and doesnt have the shock effect that smoke has, but it will get you "higher" over time.

9. More time to clean up :D

10. gotcha thanks for the answers. About to smoke out of my vaporizer in a second I'll see how long it takes for me to get toasty.