take down the tree......?

Discussion in 'General' started by dirtydingusus, Jan 1, 2014.

1. so i dont even put on up..... but our logo got me wondering....

[​IMG]

christmas is over yeah....... yet i still see santa....everyfuckingwhere i look......!

wtf world..... 
    take down the damn tree already!

::::::sorry for the interruption....we apologize for any inconvenience.....please feel free to return to whateverthefuck it was you were doing before.... thank you

2. In my family, we kept the tree up until New Years Eve- taking down the Christmas tree symbolized the ending of the old year, packing away the ornaments... and the the year's memories, to make us ready for the fresh start of the new year! :yay:

So perhaps they are just following my family's tradition, and the Santa cap will vanish with the new year!

Granny

3. Someone doesn't like christmas

4. I'm not terribly religious, but my family keeps the tree up until January 7th.

Traditionally, Catholics don't take Christmas trees down until January 7th - the day after Epiphany. The 12 days of Christmas begin on Christmas day, and the period of time before that is called Advent. The 12 days end on Epiphany, the day that the Three Wise Men came to pay homage to Jesus.

Perhaps the admins do the same and as a result haven't even thought about changing the header graphic yet. Then again, maybe they're just enjoying the holidays!  :smoke:

5. I didn't get the fleshlight for Christmas that I asked for either.

6. Most people keep Christmas decorations and such up at least until New Years. TBH I've grown found of the Christmas hat on my avatar, so I'm reluctant to change it back. But as far as my home goes, I don't decorate for any holidays... 

7. My family keeps it up until three kings' day. Don't know when that is since I don't follow minor religious holidays.