Take a lookie at What i did!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shimen, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Ok so not that special but i dont want to pay ungodly amounts for reflectors so i am making my own. The ballast is going to be in a seperate box and i will run a power line from box to light. Its made out of aluminium flashing and rivets. And dont pay attention to the stickers i still have to get it off with some goo gone. Cool anyway tell me what ya think.

Attached Files:

2. I dont understand. Im assuming this is the ballast box? Wont it need fans to keep the ballast cool?

3. I beleive its a reflector, That looks professionaly made. Good job! Except its a little crooked at the far end :p :) How did you bend it so perfectly?

4. No all this is going to hold is bulb and socket. There is doing to be another box for the internals, Ignitor and transformer. The light gives off most of the heat. And its rated for around 90 degrees C Which is like freakin hot as hell. I will have a upper fan for my lights and a lower fan for my plants. So everything will stay cool.

5. Hey man thanks. Its crooked at one end cause i got excited and wanted to take a pic of it and dont have the cap on the end. And i bent it using my um ..... Washer.... No im not kidding HAHA. Anyway A dremal tool and rivets can make alot of shit hehe..

6. Ah....hmmm.....never seen a reflector like that.

7. You'll see when i get everything finished.... I am building two of them. I got two HPS lights. And i choose to go with two 75w instead of one 150 because i can tilt the reflectors and get an even distribution of light to all of the plant.

This is it almost done but without socket in it. Both caps are on. And yes if anyone is wonering i will have to reinforce the side with the socket cause the Metal is so thin and the weight of the bulb will cause the metal to bow..

Attached Files:

8. dude that looks nice. i love cobbing and tinkering to make stuff. good job.