Take a look!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Budder81, Nov 11, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

This composite radio and X-ray image shows G11.2-0.3, the remnant of a supernova observed by Chinese astrologers in 386 A.D. as a "guest star" in the Nan-tou Asterism. The radio data were obtained by scientists studying this supernova remnant with the NRAO Very Large Array at wavelengths of 20 cm (red) and 3.6 cm (green). The bubble in the remnant's center is greener than the outer shell because a central nebula is being created by a powerful wind coming off the pulsar at almost the precise center of the shell. This pulsar spins 15 times per second and the energetic electrons created by the wind can be seen in the Chandra X-ray Observatory image (blue). This astronomical object is a textbook example of a Type II supernova remnant created by the collapse of a massive star's core into a neutron star. G11.2-0.3 is sometimes called "The Turtle" because of its nearly perfect shell and because the pulsar is moving unusually slow.

Anyone see the turtle in the center, or am I really stoned?

And heres another that is just orgasms for the eyes.
    [​IMG]

2. i love looking at that shit man like nebulas and galaxies, fucking awesome.

2nd pics ridiculous.

3. the turtles are taking over the universe!

4. haha...yeah man, I see the turtle...thing is I'm really stoned right now 0_o:smoking: