Take a look! I need advise

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by acolangeli, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Ok, I have two plants growing one is about 2 ft tall the other about 18 inches, They are outdoor and the leaves were eaten off by some animal, not sure what. precautions have been taken since, but there arent any leaves left, now they look like tal healthy stems with a little new growth.
    my question is, can I make them stay the height they are and make them bushy again before letting the heigt take off?

2. you might be able to if you keep the animals away for one but if you rr hoping for bushy growth im not sure if they will get bushy again because your growing outdoors

3. Yes you can... Top them. In other words, cut the main stem down a tad as it grows as well as the outer branches. Think of it like trimming a bush - you want to cut away the longest stems in order to focus the new veg growth closer to the main stem...thus forcing it to grow out bushy.

However, I can also guess this is going to take a WHILE in veg if what you say is true and the plant like has no leaves left at all... might be faster to scrap it and start up a new one...

4. well its been a few days since this post, so far there is a top set of leaves. and new growth up the stem. they are looking alot better, no more animals or bugs.
    one quick question. Approx harves weight of 2 plants if well maintained?