Take 1 minute to tell Congress you support legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by amsterdamage, Feb 4, 2009.

1. We have to be so persistent that our legislators are surprised at the level of support for legalization and how it just will not go away.

http://criminaljustice.change.org/actions/view/please_end_marijuana_prohibition

It'll take you less than a minute to send off this letter to the House of Representatives calling on them to end the prohibition.
    And I can assure you they do NOT take support for changing a law as suspicion that you're actually breaking the law.

You have NOTHING to worry about in making your opinion heard. :hello:

2. Until the details of this economic "recovery package" are hammered out, I have to respectfully say that this has to be about the worst time to send off correspondence to the Senate and House.

3. I agree it's not going to change anything in the immediate term, but I think of stuff like this as having the role of most of the marketing that we see...

it's just supposed to keep the product fresh in the consumers' mind rather than actually convincing them to make a purchase.
    I think it's called "brand recognition". ;)

4. For the first and the last (unless you get it legalized before me) I'm gonna say this: damn i whished I lived in america! Just to take part in all of this.

5. Why, so you can live in fear of arrest and fines? Thanks for your support! We're gonna need it! :wave:

6. Sent, and thanks for the handy link. :D

7. sent, thanks for your activism amster!

8. I am dissopointed i have never gotten a letter back yet from any1 iv sent something to.

I was hoping for one of those automated messages :(

-BW

9. I love this arguement

as if our senate or house can only handle one issue at a time

if anything they should be looking at legalizing weed simply for the money it would save and create

sure a $14 billion industry doesn't look like much when compared to $900 billion bailouts, but in all reality every bit helps and what does the government really have to lose from a regulated market except a few DEA employees?

10. As if the bailout will do anything but put us deeper into a recession.

11. random, but ok