Tail lights

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by zthelizardking, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Installed a new driver side tail light assembly and wiring harness, all my bulbs work except for when the tail lights are supposed to be on. I have turn brake and reverse lights but no tail light on my driver's side.

I replaced the same harness and assembly two years ago and ended up having to switch back to my old harness because the new one turned my reverse lights on with my tail lights....fast forward to now and I'm thinking okay it's the new harness easy fix. So I splice the old harness plug onto the new wires and it still doesn't solve my issue. All lights work except tail. I'm so confused lol I'm thinking I have an issue somewhere further up in the wiring or the fuses I checked were bad and I just couldn't see....idk any insight would be nice. Truck is a 2010 1500 Silverado LT. 2wd 5.3 V8 FF.

Picture is the old plug before I spliced it onto the new harness. About half way up to the tail light they splice all wires to make leads to go to each light bulb and since I had power to all bulbs I did not check to make sure their splices we're good but that's the only thing that I could think of.

Also right side tail light works as does the little one on the top of my cab in back.

I'm thinking this is gonna turn into big money quick if I can't figure this out.... IMG_20220825_191803064.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I don't have a rear tail light wiring schematic for your year of truck.
    If WE did I could help YOU trouble shoot it
    Do you have volt ohm multimeter

3. A bad light socket?

I would test for power at the plug, then the contacts on the socket.

4. Yes you would test at the plug in for the taillights,
    you need two people one press brake pedal and one person checking for voltage

5. #5 zthelizardking, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Okay guys I appreciate the help, That's the plug and corresponding wires and what they do
    It's the middle diagram not bottom.
    Screenshot_20220828-101507.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. I had a 2012 Silverado 5.3. 1500 LT 4x4. I was continually replacing headlight bulbs after the 7th or 8th set of bulbs I replaced I took the time to replace the factory connectors that plug into the bulbs and after I did that the problem was no more .

• Like Like x 1