Taco leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jdevil33, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Does anybody know how to fix taco leaves?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Outdoor and 80

3. Got any pics? Is it in direct sun light most of the day?

Grow journal

4. No but it gets direct sunlight for most of the day

5. Only the top leaves are tacoing

6. [​IMG]

7. It's not Tacoing to bad how long has it been doing it? May just have to wait it out or put something next to it to shade it a bit and see if that helps... idk that's all I can think of may want to wait for someone else to chime in. Overall it looks pretty healthy though.

Grow journal

8. It also has purple leave stems and a bit of leaf tip burn

9. Or it's what i think is nute burn

10. Eh it's common to burn the tips of the leaves.. if you go look at journals throughout grasscity you'll see at one point a lot of people accidentally burn the tips... as long as it doesn't worsen there is nothing to worry.. as for purple stems again I wouldn't worry I'll find purple in my stems from time to time... just let her grow she'll be fine.

Grow journal

11. It's also a bit droopy idk if it matters much

12. Most of the time that means either to much water or not enough... when overwatered the stems still stand up bit the leaves droop.... however with underwatering the leaves and stems sag.

Grow journal

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah [​IMG]

The leaf stem makes like an upside down u

14. Are other stems doing it as well? It usually starts off at the lower portion of the plant and gradually moves up if not watered before then... signs of underwatering tend to go away 1-2 hours after you water.

Grow journal

15. Only the bottom leaves are doing this not the new growth

16. May possibly need water then. When was the last time you watered it? Use your best judgement if you think it's possible the plants are thirsty give them water... you'll know whether you were right or wrong in a couple hours.

Grow journal

17. The only way YOU can fix that is by placing a shade net on top of plant. You can also foliar spray water at peak hours to cool off plant. I do this pretty much everyday 100-120 degree avg. Other than that it's up to mother nature. Also strain dependent. Silica helps supposedly. As far as how to fix the existing heat stress, I think it just grows out of it as the leaf stretches but it can't be exposed to same conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Don't worry about sun damage. That's a myth with pure water. I do it when it's 115 to 120 three times a day and never seen burning. But if the leaves have a coat of oil or other stuff then it can react and cause sun damage. Otherwise with pure water you're good. I tried this with 5 diff strains. All good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1