TACO BELL

Discussion in 'Politics' started by landrace, Apr 22, 2015.

1. #1 landrace, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    Taco Bell Lobbying Congress to help them stop workers from Unionizing, by handing congressional members and staffers free tacos.

“It's been going on for quite a few years now, it is infamous. Everybody looks forward to it from year to year. It's a free for all,” said Joye Smith, a franchisee from Northern California. “This is how we want to say thank you for all that you do for us,” she added, noting that some congressional staffers bring boxes down to haul more tacos back to the office."

<LOL 

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/04/22/taco-bell-thank-congressional-staff-unrelenting-support-6000-tacos/

2. Now I want tacos.

3. Jeez you are congress people and sell out for 99¢ tacos?

Wait, you correlate Taco Bell with tacos?

Thats nearly as unfortunate as associating Dominos with pizza.    <shudder>

[​IMG]

5. I'm sure the tacos are accompanied by a sizable bribe

-yuri

And extra toilet paper (supplied by the toilet paper lobby).

7. True, you can't get Baja Blasts from any old store.

8. Lmfao I dropped my blunt when it said "extra big ass fries" lmfao

Sad but true.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. If they unionize they'll close shop in America. Unions have destroyed a lot in the states.

Look at international harvester, hostess, as an example.

Look at Walmart exploiting workers, locking them into stores while fumigating (something I personally experienced)

Look at teachers unions where shitty teachers stick around molesting students and getting away with all kinds of crap. Same goes for police.

Congress needs to stay out of personal enterprise though.

Unions are good and they're bad. They protect the worker too much sometimes. Not always, but sometimes. And other times they provide much needed intervention when exploitation occurs.

This is my own personal opinion on the subject.
    ~ poke
    Haha I thought instantly of demolition man and idiocracy LOL

10. #11 Sublimator Detonator, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    if it were not for union and laws to protect the worker we would all be screwed...   

ever hear of the industrial revolution?  We used to have kids working in factories...

Countries like Vietnam still have kids working 12-14 hr shifts for 50 cents and hour...

We used to let it happen in America

[​IMG]

Now we let it happen in India, Vietnam, and other countries...  

[​IMG]

These same kids could make air plane parts or anything for 50 cents an hour where a Union worker here in america used to get 25$ an hr...   We need to stop this before we go backwards anymore....

You young people need to fight for Unions or it will be exactly like that movie...   it might all ready be too late...  

[​IMG]

For those special asses.

13. I'd be damned if taco bell employees get better benefits than me.

14. My first legit job was Taco Bell. One manager stole money from the cash register every single day. Another was a sexual predator who preyed on female teenage employees. If he didn't like someone he would save his earwax up and not clip his smallest fingernail so it grew super long.

He'd put earwax in people's food.

Not all people in these low income jobs are this bad, but at another sandwhich shop I worked at we had a chick with herpes who scratched her crotch as she made sandwiches. At Walmart we had a guy with hep c who spit chew into the clean water of the machines used to clean the floor. These are the types of people we'd be unionizing to protect their jobs.

To the guy who made the child labor claim, get real, we've had laws on the books to prevent that for years now.

The reality is the last few generations don't want to work. Parents are too easy on their kids and kids are so lazy they want a free ride. Many live with their parents well into their thirties. It's an American phenomenon.

We need to bring factory jobs back at minimum wage so that the people who do want to work, like illegal immigrants, who are much more American in terms of their work ethic than most of us are, can fill the jobs that are being pushed to other countries. I go to the cigarette stores around here and notice most of the Arab owners are there 18 hours per day. They work that way for 50 years sometimes.

That's how our people used to be, but something went wrong a few generations back and now it's all mucked up.

I live in a barrio, my neighbors are illegal immigrants and they work from dusk til dawn without complaints, no sense of entitlement, which I find to be a disgusting American mentality. I'm not surprised that other countries are taking our jobs, in the land where everyone wants a month a year vacations without any skill sets why would any company bring a factory or union job here?

Then you've got the union jobs on the docks and ports of every coast that simply hold a monopoly for generations as to who gets hired.

It's absurd. It's killing America.

Our schools are underfunded turning out boneheads by the hour, our prisons are full to capacity, privately owned, our police are militarized. Cops murder people everyday in this country, set people up every day and unions protect them.

I took a college class at an esteemed university and dropped the class the first day after hearing the professor say he'd like a romantic evening with wine and everything goes at his home. This was because he had tenure at the school and was Union backed, so he could molest to his hearts content. They had just let some of the best teachers in our state go due to budget cuts, while increasing the pay of the shittiest teachers you can imagine, people so full of their own shit their head is lodged halfway up their asshole.

In another class another professor gave a girl an A because she had "nice boobs"

When ten of us heard this we complained as a group that he was failing everyone but the sluts. they couldn't do a damn thing, because he was unionized.

On the other hand I worked at Walmart. Ironically, I was fired for trying to unionize my area. I'm blacklisted at all walmarts for that. The day I came to collect my check I heard the new "associates" being educated on how unions are bad...it was disgusting. The video asks people to rat out anyone considering it and then black suits come in, setup a table and interview every associate to discover who said it, then they're terminated and blacklisted from all walmarts and SAMs clubs. Walmart also takes life insurance out on employees so they get a major payout should you die on the clock. Germany tried to unionize Walmart and walmart pulled out. Walmart needs a Union in my honest opinion. They exploit people, they pour toxic chemicals into sewers, they ask for sexual favors for raises, they alter time cards. I've witnessed everything I claim. I once asked why they did that to time cards, to a very good friend who was an assistant manager and he said, to keep overtime low.

They locked us into the store while spraying bleach and ammonia (mustard gas for those not familiar) to clean the 30 year old ceiling tiles, why? Because apparently buying new ones would threaten their profits. When people began to drown in their own lung fluid I dialed 911 and was written up for not asking for permission to save someone's life.

Why does my opinion directly contradict my opinion, because unions are a double edged sword. Sometimes they protect the most feeble, but often they protect the worst of the worst.

I'm not anti Union, I consider each individual situation for what it is. We'll always have a bad apple to ruin the bunch, but giving an unskilled laborer job protection is absurd on one hand, almost as absurd as allowing that person to be exploited to the full extent of the word.

Touchy stuff I suppose.
    ~ poke

Damn poke. That is the reason I cut down from eating out. 

16. I don't recommend you eat anything that isn't made directly in front of you. Hopefully they washed their hands too. I've had enough experience to know just how vile people can be. It's very unfortunate :(

The same guy who put earwax in food put soap in my moms order because he didn't know she was my mom and he didn't like her friend. So while I was at work the whole family got sick. I didn't eat Taco Bell for about 7 years after working there.

There was a guy in the town I live in now at Burger King. He was chewing sunflower seeds and spit the shell into a child's happy meal. He wasn't even fired even though it made the front page and national news.

But I digress, such is life I suppose.
    ~ poke

17. Damn bro, that guy is fucked up to the point it's almost funny. Cruel hearted coward, they're the worst

18. If you get a chance to make your own food, do it dude. You can make it 100x better.
    Yeah he tried to fuck my girlfriend too, douchebag. I was 15. Karma caught him no doubt.