Taco Bell Sued, not real "food"

Discussion in 'General' started by DDV, Jan 26, 2011.

1. everytime someone quotes this guy it still blows my mind like the first time i read it. how are you goin to allow someone to serve food that is actually only 20% food

2. i'm guessing you've never read "the jungle" by upton sinclair

3. Umm, just read the original article, OP added the 20% part for shits and giggles it looks like, at least it isn't an actual quote and it isn't in the original article :eek:

Bad OP BAD!!

[​IMG]

4. Do you know how ignorant you sound? Protecting our food supply is not about Dems and Repubs, but about knowing what we are consuming. Don't you think it's our right to know what they're selling?
    Btw, deregulation has worked out really well for the American people. Enron, sub-prime mortgage meltdown, etc. etc. :smoke:l

5. De-regulation at least led to some really dope documentaries

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zMakN-EMLg]YouTube - enron the smartest guys in the room - Trailer[/ame]

6. Ha I was just baiting ya'll. But none of you offered any good responses I am disappoint.

7. uuuh congrats?

No one is going to offer good responses to a troll post

8. I am probably still gonna eat there...

9. #109 housey, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
    Michael Taylor, the FDA Food Safety Czar, said that requiring the food industry to use 50% food in its products is “onerous” and bad for business. “We are working to get this requirement lowered to a more reasonable 20%.”

That is just disgusting. As if fast food isn't bad enough already America, when I visited taco bell gave me explosive diahorrea, and your McDonalds tasted like ground up sphinctor meat. Wasn't game to try anything else after that.

I honestly think there should be some sort of tax on the shit they put in this shit to cover the real costs of a fast food lifestyle, all the heart disease, obesity and diabetes it has caused. Atleast over here in Australia where I have to pay for fat fuckers problems because of our free healthcare anyway.

But I guess that is bad for business, which is all that matters isn't it. People would lose their greasy $7 an hour jobs, as would some high paid executives. Pharmaceutical companies would lose billions in loss of sales from medications, doctors and surgeons wouldn't have nearly as many customers.

PS: I have recently given up eating out at fast food places. Even though I wasn't fat or anything, I feel alot more energetic and healthy, my blood pressure has dropped, my heart rate is down to 50bpm instead of 65 and my chollesterol went down a few points. I had maccas once though last week and I felt disgusting, greasy and lethargic afterwards and had diarhoea the next day because my stomach was no longer conditioned to it. Why would you want to put that shit in your body?

10. Remember that saying about assumptions making an ass of yourself?

Taco Bell says, 'Thank you for suing us' to beef claims - Jan. 28, 2011

LOL @ everybody assuming the lawsuit was gospel truth, and ROFLMAO @ the plaintiffs who are going to have their pants counter-sued off :D

As I've heard pointed out elsewhere, of course TB's ground beef isn't going to be 100% beef....you guys ever make meatloaf, meatballs, etc? You add stuff that isn't beef to those, and I don't hear anybody bitching about the % of beef in those.

Maybe I missed it but where is it said (truthfully) that the stuff in TB's ground beef mix is "inedible?" Just because it isn't beef doesn't necessarily make it inedible....last I checked, things like water, oats, spices, hell even citric acid are edible, and that's what TB is claiming is in their beef.

I guess people both forgot that assholes sue for bullshit reasons each and every single day in this country, as well as let their prejudice against fast food joints/corporations blind their objectivity. Tsk tsk...

11. I told my friend about this the other day and the next day we hang out and he stops by taco bell. I say "no wonder you're fat."

12. I don't know about you, but the meat loaf I have had is edible and I KNOW what is in it. Unlike the TB "food"

[ame=http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/372475/january-27-2011/gordita-supreme-court]Gordita Supreme Court - The Colbert Report - 1/27/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central[/ame]

lol'd

13. this is really a mute point, food sold as food should be..food true point,closed
    not about self control, this thread is about fake food being marketed as prime beef or some shit..prime..haha people should just be outraged at the fact that they're being mistreated and uncared for by companies for the sake of profit margins...its practically criminal aha i remember a simpsons episode fat tony was making rat milk and selling it to the school as cow milk..and he got arrested for it for fuck sakes! thats the exact same thing, i mena i know i know its a cartoon but jesus you can't argue with the parallel selling somehting thats not something(because thats cheaper) so they can save and make money off it by deciving the public is criminal and although i don't eat there im suprised more people aren't upset or pissed..such sheep flock blindness b.s.:smoke:

14. Dont be suprised taco bell spelled backwards is......... oh cat :eek:

15. Wow, I haven't seen this big of a fast "food" shit storm since Super Size Me.

[​IMG]

come on, guys.... you had to have known you were eating fake shit all along.

16. ^wwwwwhats that.....? :l

17. pureed pig.

or chicken.

18. When I worked there long ago, we used to have to pull hairy pieces of cow skin out of the beef. Was pretty funny. I still eat there though fug it.

19. ohhhh. O_0

i guess probably pig huh. since its all... pink?

just joking.

20. its what bologna is made out of, and chicken nuggets. anything where you cant tell what part of the animal it cam from or it it comes in an unnatural shape.