Taco Bell Sued, not real "food"

Discussion in 'General' started by DDV, Jan 26, 2011.

1. well what did everyone expect from a 99 cent half pound burrito kobe beef? Lets all just turn a blind eye and keep eating the delicious bat meat tacos

2. soylent brown

20% beef, 80% people

3. wow wtf? It should be a law that you have to state that your food isn't actually 100 percent food.

4. Didn't taco bell get busted for horse meat a few years ago?
    O and I heard a story about a guy that shit in a huge pan of beans and served it all day..30 something ppl got food poisoning..
    I hate fast food

5. ^^ highly doubtful as horse slaughtering facilities have been closed in the US for a hot minute.

Does anyone else find this horrifying?

6. I really don't give half a fuck what's in it. It tastes good and gives me energy to live and is cheap, seems like it meets the checklist of fast food :confused: The rest of you can bitch about it all you want it just makes me want to go buy some more :hello:

Besides, I usually get steak or chicken cuz I usually get chalupas. The bullshit lawsuit only involves the ground beef.

And for the record, I have not once ever gotten sick from eating at Taco Bell, nor any other fast food restaurant.

How would you get food poisoning if it's "not food?" ;)

Anyways, keep bitching about food you don't eat, it's kinda funny :smoke:

What isn't funny is how assholes clog up the legal system with tripe like this....if you don't want to buy shitty fast food then don't fuckin buy shitty fast food!

7. mind blowing. 20% food? what the fuck

8. Horrifying? Well, not really.

Surprising? Not in the slightest. He is a "Czar" of Obama's so WTF do you expect? There's a reason these people are supposed to be confirmed by Congress, and there's also a reason why they aren't confirmed....because they say and do fuckin stupid shit like that, and would NEVER be confirmed if they went through the process. [​IMG]

9. It's horrifying to me that the government continues to make allowances which better the business world/factory farmers/corporations instead of the people.

10. I guess I've just become jaded cuz I see that as business as usual :confused_2:

When was the last time the government gave a fuck about the people?

11. its a big deal because part of my tax money goes to the fat fucks that eat this fake food all day and are extremely unhealthy because of it. you fail to look at the big picture.

12. exactly, i never liked taco bell, i always knew there was something wrong with it that I wanted nothing to do with.

And the end of that article is ridiculous! FDA guy - "a more reasonable 20% food" WTF I need to move to Canada or something

13. Never.

But it bothers me. I don't care if it's cheap or not, I shouldn't be putting something that isn't actual food - something that's binding agents and extenders (chemicals) into my body, and the government shouldn't make such huge allowances for companies to do so.

Dehydrated beans are nothing, but not real meat ... that's bothersome. I'm glad that someone is doing SOMETHING to raise attention to this, and I hope that people start making more educated decisions on what they put in their body.

There's a reason most people feel like shit after they eat fast food. Why can't it be fast and quality? Because they might have to charge a dollar more? God forbid.

14. 1776 I believe.

15. LOL, so it's Taco Bell's fault for people being fat, awesome :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that if the food was "real," people wouldn't be obese? You're fooling yourself.

16. yeah, it is their fault because they aren't correctly advertising their food, helping people to make an educated decision about whether or not they should be eating it.

and yes, i am. if fast food served real food, it would have a big impact on the nation's health. youre a fool if you don't think this. don't twist my words, im not saying we'd have no fat people, but it would change things.

17. if it tastes good, if its cheap, and if it doesnt make me sick ill eat it no matter what it is

18. If fast food served real food, then fast food simply wouldn't exist.

That's what you're missing.

19. This has nothing to do with fast food contributing to obesity, but with the amount of REAL MEAT in their food.

False advertising is false advertising. I'm sorry but something that is 35% beef isn't beef.

Lets put this into perspective. If I'm only 35% female am I not a transvestite except for the clothes I wear? And maybe one ovary?

20. /facepalm

i'm not debating with someone who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. i've worked in the food industry for over 2 and a half years, i know fast food can exist while still being somewhat healthy. restaurant quality? no, obviously not. but not the shit that they serve now