taboo? running synthetics with organics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bznuts916, Jan 25, 2013.

1. most literature on the subject will tell you that using synthetic fertilizers along with organics is pointless, a bad idea, and a recipe for disaster.

recently, out of curiosity, i played around with using both (organics and synthetics), together, as part of a feeding program, with positive results.

so, whats the deal?

any input would be greatly appreciated

2. ...synthetic fertilizers are salt based....salt dehydrates and kills the microorganisms that feed your plants...it's that simple.

3. yea, fiend, thats what i keep hearing.. but how come the plants are loving it so much? i mean, seriously, these are some of the healthiest plants ive seen. i just dont get it.

4. ...I grow full blown hydroponics and organics, so I know what you mean...my hydro plants are usually flawless....but, the answer to your question is given....synthetic fertilizers kill microorganisms, so it's counter productive as far as sustaining life.

5. appreciate the quick response.

do you happen to have any (reputable) literature (links) to help me understand how the synthetics actually 'kill' the beneficial micros (bacteria/fungi)

another thing: i use house and garden nutes (synthetic). they recommend via their website a product called Great White (organic), to use with their synthetics. its basically a bunch micro organisms (organic). why would they recommend running the two together?

6. ...sure, you should visit the thread linked in my signature titled, "soil food web gardening"...the thread was based on the book, "Teaming with Microbes"

7. i actually have the book and am currently reading it.

organics vs synthetic farming techniques remind me of republicans and democrats: they despise one another, for one is 'black, while the other, 'white. perhaps a gray area should exists within the fertilizer world?

bottom line is my plants absolutely love the gray area. best lookin ladies ive ever seen. no joke. thats what i dont get.

also, when i add organics to the resi for the first time (beginning in early flowering) , the positive results are noticeable within minutes of the first feeding.

8. ...lol...I don't get it, why don't you just roll with all synthetics.....anywho...good luck on your journey.

9. That is extremely taboo.