Tablet Users Help!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Torontoke, Jul 29, 2012.

1. So I decided im gonna buy a tablet, I can buy anything on the market really but what im looking at is the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I was wondering how fast exactly is it if anyones used it? I have the samsung galaxy s2 phone and the speed on that thing is incredible so if its the same as that then thats awesome. I also wanted to know which is faster the iPad 3 or the galaxy tab i. & am I best waiting for a better tablet to come out or do you think its a safe time to buy the Galaxy tab? Thanks in advance guys.

2. Dude hear me out, I got a Kindle Fire and I love it. I don't use it a lot for stuff other than reading, browsing the web, and watching movies. As it works great IMO. It can't really compare to the specs of those high up tablets but common it's only $200.

3. Subbed I'm looking for a badass tablet also

4. Sounds like its worth the price but I on the other hand need the fastest most effiecent expierence a tablet can give and the only thing I have against apple is lack of custimization and I feel im using my tablet to its potentional if i end up buying an iPad so thats why im confused on which tablet I should buy.

5. Perfect im glad that makes 2 of us now!

6. It all depends on what you are going to use the tablet for. I like the smaller form tablets and I used to own a Kindle Fire but I gave it to my son. I really liked it. It is essentially a content window for Amazon, however. It was really good to use Netflix on.

I am thinking about getting the 16G version of the Google Nexus. It is only $250 and is more powerful than the Kindle.

7. #7 Torontoke, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    I need it for everything really. playing games, downloading music, videos and other things off the internet, web browsing, custimization, also watching 1080p movies, netflix . so yeah an all around tablet thats good in every way I guess and FAST AS HELLL. (THATS A KEY thing in me buying this next tablet)

8. [quote name='"ganjasmoker05"']I need it for everything really. playing games, downloading music, videos and other things off the internet, web browsing, custimization, also watching 1080p movies, netflix . so yeah an all around tablet thats good in every way I guess and FAST AS HELLL. (THATS A KEY thing in me buying this next tablet)[/quote]

Ya then the Kindle Fire is not for you.

9. Check out the Acer A700 its essentially better than the Galaxy Tab

10. Nexus 7 unless you need a 10.1 inch for factor

11. Get the Nexus 7 dude trust me, I'm gettng one next week, the Jelly Bean update for Ice Cream Sandwhich runs so smooth, it's definitely super fast. It is only 7 inches and doesn't have an hdmi out, but that's the only downside. It has a quadcore processor, I mean how can you beat that! hands down best tablet for 200$.

12. I agree with this. I had a kindle fire for a while and it was fine but this tablet has a lot more going for it. If you get a Bluetooth receiver dongle for your stereo you can use the tablet as a wireless jukebox.

I am thinking about getting the 16G model for $250.

13. Go for it dude! I'm excited to get mine, I would really want the 16gig because it doesn't have an sd card slot ya know, but I don't think I want to shell out an extra 50 bucks. We'll see how fat my next paycheck is, lol.

14. I Came to conclusion and I'm getting the Asus infinity with the keyboard for around 665 with warranty and tax. It looms like an amazing tablet and the screen (10.1 inches) looks better than the new ipad plus it has gorilla glass and a little faster processor compared to the I pad 3. I won a sandisk 64 gb micro SD card for 17 bucks so that was a win and storage will be way bigger when I put the 64 gb card in. Comes out in 3 days. Sad thing is they haven't released the champagne gold colour for preordering , they said every one in ten tablets made are that colour. Overalll im excited to get it and can't wait. Go search it now on YouTube(if you need 10.1 inch go with this its the best decision) Fuck apple.

15. I'm lovin my iPad 2 , I use it for everything (except downloading music) I'm on it right now!

16. [quote name='"Joints only420"']I'm lovin my iPad 2 , I use it for everything (except downloading music) I'm on it right now![/quote]

Exactly the reason why I don't fuck with apple they restrict so much stuff from being done & with android your truly getting the full potential of your device. Apple lost my business a long time ago. If they didn't do dumb annoying shit to customers like that they would have 100% of the market in their palms. Sadly they don't acknowledge what the people want.

17. U can download music online with an android tab?

18. [quote name='"Joints only420"']

U can download music online with an android tab?[/quote]

Yea you can download torrents with android..think I'm getting the galaxy 2..want the hdmi and extra storage..that asus sounds good but think I'm gonna wait for the windows 8 touchscreen laptops if I'm going to spend that much

19. ASUS transformer.

20. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']

Yea you can download torrents with android..think I'm getting the galaxy 2..want the hdmi and extra storage..that asus sounds good but think I'm gonna wait for the windows 8 touchscreen laptops if I'm going to spend that much[/quote]

You can download any file extension on android just like on a PC.