T5's

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by GrowinItFrench, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hey there blades I just have a quick question for you lighting experts out there, I have a daylight T5 that I removed from and old fish tank. (sanitized) and am wondering if it would do me any good for growing? I'm wondering if T5's are generally all the same wattage because I cannot locate it on this bulb!

2. It depends on the length and if it is high output. If you look at the ends you will see letters and numbers and the number is usually the watts.

3. ive seen bulbs with wattage ratings of 54w down to 19w and lower so be careful. :wave:

4. Well I've looked at the end of the bulb and I have seem the numbers, etc, but no indication of it wattage.

5. All it reads is:
    Eclipse
    Natural Daylight F8/T5
    Made in UK for Marineland
    _.../ ... HG

6. hmmmm do you still have the fixture you took it out of

7. Yes sir I do!

8. Does it say any where on there the estate it should say the max watt you can use in it either on top or under

9. If you use high output bulbs (54 watts each), expect them to work great to veg but not flower...they only really penetrate 2 feet down. :)

10. Well lady's and gentlemen after using this great thing called google I have found out the overall wattage of this bulb.. It has a great total of EIGHT watts! Fuck my life.. Aha, better luck next time guys, thanks for trying!

11. #11 TranceKid, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011