T5's

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by onimus, Jan 7, 2011.

1. I'm interested in getting a T5 fixture, one that would hold 2-4 bulbs, preferebly 2ft in length, 4 ft might work. I cant seem to find any, i was looking @ home depot and all i found were like 1 bulb fixtures that only took 8-13w bulbs. Can anyone help me finding a fixture. Link any you can find or one that you own. ty!!

2. i use a 4' 4 bulb HO t-5 fixture and it vegges all my plants just fine. I got mine at the local grow shop. they are awesome.

3. Do the bulbs get hot? do the heat up the room? I'm in a 4x4x7ft room, is there a ballast like a H.I.D lamp? do i have to vent the room? like ducting and all that? Cuz if its like 100+ idk if i want that set up or just like a 150-250w hps , throw me some pros-cons plz, thanks guys, i'm really at a xroads on t5 system or hps!!

4. they dont run hot at all. all you need is a small fan blowing across the top of the fixture if you really want to cool it. No ballasts, its built into the fixture. no ducting. if your room is 4x4 they have different size fixture/bulb combos. I veg with my 4' 4 bulb and flower with a 400w HPS. I like the set up right now. you can keep the light 1-2" away from the plants without burning them. I run two fans in my veg closet and keep the lights very close.

What is your budget for lighting? what type of grow are you trying to do? what are you trying to accomplish?

5. hyrdrofarm has great HO T5s....4 foot 4 tube 20000 lumens

6. I have a 2x2x4 grow tent and I need to use flouros for veg and flowering, i have a 90 cfm squirrel cage blower i was gonna hook up to a carbon scrubber so that should vent some heat out the top and an inline booster fan to bring air inside the tent with a small fan or 2 blowing on the plants tops. Would the 2 foot 4 lamp be good for my tent? will the 24"x24" light be too big? I really cant use an HID right now...