T5s, How many is too many?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Esjeh, Jan 28, 2014.

1. So I ordered 11- T5 HO 2ft single bulb light fixtures, which include a 6400k bulb.  Each fixture produces 2000 lumens, 22000 lumens in total. My grow area is 3'L x 2'W x 6'H, and I have a shelf I can easily remove to increase the height to 8' if needed. I will have a light fixture: 1 on my door [vertically], 2 on each side wall [vertically], 3 on my back wall [horizontally], and 3 on my shelf/ ceiling (if need be); they will be placed very strategically. 

I do plan on eventually installing a few more lights, which can easily be done since I wired in a circuit (15 amps) independently for these lights. Having each fixture drawing an insignificant amount of power (0.4 Amps) I can add on effortlessly. Or will this be too many?

Also, I can have a safe maximum of 37 fixtures on this circuit (although likely not safe in my closet) but I can connect these lights in series to a maximum of 8 in a series, 4 series of 8 lights and single series of 5 lights.

But all aside, do you think 11 of these lights is enough for a single plant? or is it to much?
    I can't see them producing a tremendous amount of heat (nothing compared to an HID) but we will find out once I have everything in operation

P.s I will be using the 6400k bulbs for veg and I will be replacing 8 of the bulbs to 2700k during flowering. 

I do prefer quality over quantity, but along with quality, the quantity with it, simply makes me that much more cheerful.   

Have a pleasant evening & thank you to all who reply.